Rumor: Carolina had a deal in place for Gibson at the deadline, but backed out

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Why do they not seem like good trade partners? Carolina has tons of great prospects and Anaheim has valuable veterans.
Exactly. Carolina has quantity of prospects of high quality and even with Andersen they could always include him in a trade for Gibson.
The Gibson & or Manson to Canes trades weren't the only ones to fall apart, remember the Justin Faulk trade that fell apart ?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If there was or is any truth to Gibson being available I have no idea why or how Holland hasn't been taping the ducks phone lines.
Because Holland is stuck in the past and still thinks he's GM of the Red Wings and Anaheim is his biggest enemy so he won't trade with them.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Exactly. Carolina has quantity of prospects of high quality and even with Andersen they could always include him in a trade for Gibson.
The Gibson & or Manson to Canes trades weren't the only ones to fall apart, remember the Justin Faulk trade that fell apart ?

Justin Faulk wasn’t ever going to waive his NTC for Anaheim. That one didn’t have a chance from the start.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Why not just keep Ned?

They never trusted him and didn’t view him as more than a 1B/backup. Time will tell on that take.

To me, Nedeljkovic/Raanta at $5M seems better than Andersen/Raanta at $6.5M, but what do I know. For this year at least, I feel like the Canes goalie situation is a wash when compared to last year. All they need is for Andersen/Raanta is to be league average or better.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Gibson is living on his reputation at this point. He’s had some poor recent years.
Even if that is true the gap between Ned and Gibson (and other proven above-average starting goalies) is big. Running with Ned would have been rolling the dice - he really hasn’t proven anything yet.

Reactions: BlueOil

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Gibson is living on his reputation at this point. He’s had some poor recent years.
Or maybe he's played in front of some poor defensive teams? The anchors on defense (Fowler, Lindholm, Manson) have all been banged up the last 2-3 years.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
is this based on anything but the stat lines? are you saying he doesn't play well in games or just that you'd prefer to see higher stats?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Gee, I wonder if that is because he plays on a poor team?!?
That’s an easy excuse but his isolated stats are just as bad. His saves above expected is brutal. Funny how guys like Bernier and Ullmark managed to have decent years. Maybe Anaheim is that bad because Gibson is one of the reason they’re bad?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
is this based on anything but the stat lines? are you saying he doesn't play well in games or just that you'd prefer to see higher stats?
There are isolated stats to measure goalies other than the traditional sv% and gaa.

Things like saves above expected shows he’s been below league average for a while now. He’s one of the reason Anaheim’s been bad.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
There are isolated stats to measure goalies other than the traditional sv% and gaa.

Things like saves above expected shows he’s been below league average for a while now. He’s one of the reason Anaheim’s been bad.
so that's a yes? you're just claiming you're using other stat lines but still not really watching him play and you're definitively sure about that conclusion?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
so that's a yes? you're just claiming you're using other stat lines but still not really watching him play and you're definitively sure about that conclusion?
I’m an Avs fan, I’ve watched him play plenty this year. Too much…In fact. All those hours spent watching games against those California teams I’ll never get back…

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Ullmark? Bernier? That excuse is getting lazy.
gibson is leagues better than both. Also both didn't have the greatest seasons and you are acting like they killed it lol. Gibson is in his prime and has proven way more than both of them. next

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad