Carlyle presser jan 17

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Carlyle presser being replayed at 1:45 on Leafs lunch for those who missed it like me.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Lupul and the Leafs will launch the program ‘Lupe’s Troops’ beginning Monday at the Leafs home opener.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Lupul and the Leafs will launch the program ‘Lupe’s Troops’ beginning Monday at the Leafs home opener.

Starting something like that while a Pending UFA? Kinda implies he wants to stay here longterm IMO.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I assume it's taking over the Luke's Troops charity. Hopefully a solid indication that he is staying here long-term, which is great news.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Yeah he said it. Clear as day. And there's no way that's about free hotdogs. Something else is gonna happen.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Talk about being blown out of context :laugh:

He could be talking about the final cuts for the roster, couldn't he?

Maybe but we already knew that was happening by tomorrow anyway so not sure why he would say a little birdie told me there was going to an announcement later this afternoon.... Who knows though lol maybe that's all it is. Just sounds like something is up.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Maybe but we already knew that was happening by tomorrow anyway so not sure why he would say a little birdie told me there was going to an announcement later this afternoon.... Who knows though lol maybe that's all it is. Just sounds like something is up.

Carlyle seems like the type to troll the media though... :laugh:

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
And final cuts are already made. Of course he won't say it though.

edit - Carlyle said in his interview.

FireEverybody*

Yeah he said it. Clear as day. And there's no way that's about free hotdogs. Something else is gonna happen.

You are sure he was not talking about free parking or discounted hotdogs, Bax ?
Don't screw with us, Bax .. we are very serious about this type of thing.

:laugh:

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
You are sure he was not talking about free parking or discounted hotdogs, Bax ?
Don't screw with us, Bax .. we are very serious about this type of thing.

:laugh:

haha I'm not trying to. I'm hoping for something as well. All i know is Carlyle just said on TSN radio that he knows what the final cuts will be and he started off his interview with the little birdie thing. Like I said could absolutely be nothing but it sure didn't sound that way. Fingers crossed.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Colin Wilson.

(I hope).

Just because a guy doesn't show up on the ice today are we going to have all kinds of speculation that he is about to be traded here? If there was some evidence fine, but just not being on the ice is nothing to go by as he could be taking a maintenance day, have the flu, or whatever. We really need to grab some perspective people.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just because a guy doesn't show up on the ice today are we going to have all kinds of speculation that he is about to be traded here? If there was some evidence fine, but just not being on the ice is nothing to go by as he could be taking a maintenance day, have the flu, or whatever. We really need to grab some perspective people.

To be fair Connolly wasn't on the ice today, and he got waived

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad