Value of: Carey Price brokered to Colorado or Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Fair. I was trying to be respectful towards Holloway's value to the Oilers. I recall someone else saying take Holloway out and you got a deal. A late 1st and Lavoie for Price at 50% retention. What a joke that would be for the Habs.

I think a deal is workable between the Oilers and Habs. And we are identifying the Oilers cause Habs fans know that if we trade Price, it could be another Roy situation. So if someone else is going to win a cup with Price, I would be OK if that was the Oilers.

What futures can we agree on is the question. I value Savoie but the Habs already have two undersized young guys with Caufield and Farrell who is also doing very well in the NCAA like Savoie. My strategy is not to avoid smaller players but we need to bring in guys that won't be pushed around.
If you don't want Savoie that's fine. We don't really want to move him, ha ha. We have a number of good prospect defensemen after Broberg and Bouchard who could be available. Not much for forwards after Holloway, Bourgault, Lavoie and Savoie. Unless Holland decides to move Ryan McLeod , but we need a veteran C in another deal for that to be a good idea. Would Yamamoto be of interest? He's not futures but is young with tons of skill and drive. He just needs to put it all together.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you don't want Savoie that's fine. We don't really want to move him, ha ha. We have a number of good prospect defensemen after Broberg and Bouchard who could be available. Not much for forwards after Holloway, Bourgault, Lavoie and Savoie. Unless Holland decides to move Ryan McLeod , but we need a veteran C in another deal for that to be a good idea.

From the outside looking in, if I was the Oilers, I would not trade any D... especially NHL ready D. You will need them. But if you want to include one of Bouchard or Broberg, we are open to that.

* Late 1st (20+)
* Grade A... TBD
* Grade B... Lavoie. I'm bias cause I watched him in Halifax. Not a French thing
* 2nd rounder for each cup you win with Price

Fair? Price at 50% retention and we help you with your cap.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
From the outside looking in, if I was the Oilers, I would not trade any D... especially NHL ready D. You will need them. But if you want to include one of Bouchard or Broberg, we are open to that.

* Late 1st (20+)
* Grade A... TBD
* Grade B... Lavoie. I'm bias cause I watched him in Halifax. Not a French thing
* 2nd rounder for each cup you win with Price

Fair? Price at 50% retention and we help you with your cap.
Yeah I might do that. It wouldn't be Broberg or Bouchard though. Maybe Samurokov, although that would hurt too.

The 2nd rounder conditionals are interesting but I would suggest we alter it slightly. We can't have all of our 2nd round picks for the next 4 years tied up in trade as possible conditions.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I might do that. It wouldn't be Broberg or Bouchard though. Maybe Samurokov, although that would hurt too.

The 2nd rounder conditionals are interesting but I would suggest we alter it slightly. We can't have all of our 2nd round picks for the next 4 years tied up in trade as possible conditions.

Habs don't need Samurokov. We have a fair amount of guys on D coming.

Not sure how we can make the "Cup Conditions" work. Probably not going to like it but if you win 1 or more cups, we can have one future 1st (next available but with top 10 protection).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad