Value of: Carey Price 50% retained to your team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Or he stays on LTIR for the reminder of his deal..
Habs don't need to trade him unless what's coming back actually helps their rebuild.

Price won't stay in a rebuilding team, therefore would probably eaive for any contender, increasing the market big time

If he's LTIR eligible, then expected trade returns better be lowered even further.

Just because he won't stay for a rebuild doesn't mean he'll open the door to 50% of the league who may be considered "contenders" at any given time. He won't go to be a backup, and I would guess there are cities he and his family would prefer not to live for 3 or so years.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
yup.. shame.. he looked like a prospect that would turn into a good one...
Wouldn't really call him a prospect, coming in at a ripe old age after years of pro career in another league. More like a free agent signing?

I had high hopes for him, but it turned out his KHL stats were inflated by playing behind a very good defense and a ridiculous possession machine of an offense. (SKA was dominating the point scorer leaderboard in Koskinen's last season there.)

Started pretty well IIRC, but once the other NHL teams had the book on him, well, that was that.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Koskinen numbers

EDM55512521061,5511462.931,405.90642,991:51
2019-2020EDM38341813031,175972.751,078.91712,116:31
2020-2021EDM2625131300756763.17680.89901,437:39
2021-2022EDM181712600553543.16499.90201,024:33
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pretty damn close .
Thanks for taking the trouble, but using the board's table function makes the post somewhat harder to read on a phone, unfortunately.

Could you clarify what those numbers are, apart from the obvious ones like GAA and Sv%? (Or is the layout standard fare at nhl.com or similar? Then I should stop being lazy and go look it up myself...)

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Habs don't need to trade him unless what's coming back actually helps their rebuild.
In Montreal he is LTIR for the remaining contract term, but a contender should invest future assets for him. :huh:

This makes a lot of sense. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

Price won't stay in a rebuilding team, therefore would probably eaive for any contender, increasing the market big time

If waiving is a pre-requisite for any trade to happen, how does him waiving really change anything? His contract still requires ugly retention to make it affordable for a contender, and there's simply no logical reason for a contender to give the Habs enough to justify that retention when a guy like Quick, who has actually won 2 Cups and a Smythe, could be had for significantly less.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
In Montreal he is LTIR for the remaining contract term, but a contender should invest future assets for him. :huh:

This makes a lot of sense. :sarcasm:
If Price doesn't want to be in MTL he'll be on LTIR or traded. Simple as that.

And if the return isn't a 1st pick +, I'd rather have Price on LTIR doing nothing than helping a team like Colorado or Edmonton get their cup

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

And if the return isn't a 1st pick +, I'd rather have Price on LTIR doing nothing than helping a team like Colorado or Edmonton get their cup
forget about the 1st round pick.

before the season maf (1yr/7m) was traded for a player, that isn't in the ahl at all and maf was actually good with the golden nights in 20/21. maf was a zero value contract last off-season.

dallas has signed khudobin to a 3x3.33m contract after his po run, which ended in the sc finals. he is now buried in the minors.

price with 4.5yrs left at 10.5m and so heavy on signing bonuses, that a buyout is senseless, is not moveable. with 50% retention you can start discuss, if it gets him to break even in trade value. imo the term would still make it a negative value, as i wouldn't expect him to start more than 30 games in the future and get healthy to a potential playoff birth. who pays a goalie, who can handle a backup workload above 5m for 4 seasons? khudobin did the same for dallas, as price did for montreal and dallas already regrets the extension signed for half the money.

i can't see any team spending much for price with 50% retention and i can't see montreal retaining 50% of his contract to get hardly anything back. price will stay in montreal.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY

very near sighted approach. Someone has to win. Montreal isn’t gonna. Why not help your own team and see Price have success elsewhere. Your take is laughable

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
This has to stop. Price won’t be traded until he comes back healthy and tearing it up. He needs to play like is old self in order to be tradable, even at 50% retained.

And we are far from being there. He doesn’t even play and we don’t even know when he will be back.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

And by chance, under what injury/condition will qualify him for this LTIR designation?
(Remember that it can't affect that 1st + value to other teams for this either/or argument to hold water)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We can continue any “Price” chat in the Habs rebuild thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad