Confirmed Trade: [CAR/MIN] Nino Niederreiter for Victor Rask

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I mean yeah, but why not last week or next week? We have no trades since January 3rd, and then in the span of 6 days we had 10 trades. Seems like a domino fell or something for all these moves to happen this week.

Yeah but to be fair like 7 of those is the Ducks trading their spare forwards for other teams spare parts

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I have no problem with this because:

1) If both players return to form from 2+ years ago, it’s a wash
2) I’m not holding Rasks production against him yet, just look at the last three forwards to escape Carolina (Staal, Skinner, Lindholm)
3) Wild save a little bit of money
4) Nino was pretty much done on this roster
As negative as my initial reaction is I'm willing to buy that Fenton might just be a better judge of these things than I am. It's not impossible that Rask just needs a chance of scenery.

And frankly the same goes for Nino. I hope he kills it in Carolina.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Return is not that bad for Minnesota, especially when you consider that the last time Nino was traded, it was for a Clutterbuck. ;)
Value wise Minnesota won that trade but here we are years latter and Clutter is still an effective two-way forward for the island.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nino is what he is, a middle-6 guy. Rask's numbers were inflated in the first few years because he received ice time above his talent level. If he gets 16+ minutes, he'll put up better numbers, but it also means your forwards suck.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Rask the new PPG player incoming? Time to pick him up in fantasy!

I like this trade for both teams.
El Nino has carved out a reputation career, where people still see him as a legit winger; but he's no more than a middle 6 40ish point player. Vic Rask is a middle 6 40ish point centre. Not sure how anyone sees this as a fleecing of anyone regardless.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Would imagine another Canes deal is in the works... They were already hurting for C, who replaces Rask now that they traded one away?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
4th liner in NHL is better offensively than 4th liner in AHL. Wouldn't still jump for joy if my team trades the AHLer for NHLer. Seriously expecting Nino being legit scoring forward is not something Carolina should count on. Maybe he can leech off points from Aho and Teuvo but that probably wouldn't make Carolina better team.

Nobody expects Nino to come in to Carolina and be a top scoring forward. Canes fans are happy because Victor Rask has been centering the Canes 4th line for $4 million and has looked bad doing it. Any middle-6 talent is a significant upgrade. It turned dead money into something possibly useful.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As negative as my initial reaction is I'm willing to buy that Fenton might just be a better judge of these things than I am. It's not impossible that Rask just needs a chance of scenary.

And frankly the same goes for Nino. I hope he kills it in Carolina.

This is more or less what we asked for and what we expected. Change of scenery deals.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Weird. A team with crap center depth trades a center to a team with good center depth. They got the best player though so I can't call it anything but a win for the Canes. Just a change of scenery type thing I imagine

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
what the f*** Minnesota got raped

this screams of a new GM trade (doesn't value his predecessor's players)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I mean he played with the likes of Parise and at times Granlund who are considered better than Aho... so yeah he did.
Minnesota fans might consider them better, not neutral fans. At best Parise and Granlund at those times are as good as Aho now. I'll take Aho personally.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad