Contract Termination: [CAR] F Evgeny Kuznetsov and the Hurricanes mutually terminate contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Won a cup. Should've won a Smythe. Great career obviously derailed by personal demons.

Seems like he's happy with himself. That's all that matters.

Or .. OR .. the enjoyment of his life the way he wanted to live it was derailed by being good at hockey.

There is nothing wrong (or right) about partaking.

We all get one life .. one chance at this and some of us would rather spend it reaching and seeking inner true self on our own terms on our own journey, be our own captain VS complying to social and world restraints.

McDavid .. his happy place is probably running skating drills in an old arena somewhere

Kuzy? dudes probably happy spending time w his fam with a wry smile on his face being silly .. vs dedicating 300 days a year to ice hockey

Kuz has the money to break free from the handcuffs most of us are born with and die with

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Or .. OR .. the enjoyment of his life the way he wanted to live it was derailed by being good at hockey.

There is nothing wrong (or right) about partaking.

We all get one life .. one chance at this and some of us would rather spend it reaching and seeking inner true self on our own terms on our own journey, be our own captain VS complying to social and world restraints.

McDavid .. his happy place is probably running skating drills in an old arena somewhere

Kuzy? dudes probably happy spending time w his fam with a wry smile on his face being silly .. vs dedicating 300 days a year to ice hockey

Kuz has the money to break free from the handcuffs most of us are born with and die with

Getting banned for four years in international competition is not something that should be celebrated. But, okay.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Getting banned for four years in international competition is not something that should be celebrated. But, okay.
idk .. im not Kuz but to some ppl things like "international competition" might not be that important to them in their life

point is "live and let live" and its 100% okay to live an alternative or non traditional lifestyle.

You do you

I do me

Kuz do Kuz

Im a head, Kuz is a head .. there are plenty of heads out there living real kick ass lives. My first wife was a head, shes a pilot now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
idk .. im not Kuz but to some ppl things like "international competition" might not be that important to them in their life

point is "live and let live" and its 100% okay to live an alternative or non traditional lifestyle.

You do you

I do me

Kuz do Kuz

Im a head, Kuz is a head .. there are plenty of heads out there living real kick ass lives. My first wife was a head, shes a pilot now.

I don't think there is any reason to excuse the behavior. But, I mean whatever. I don't care enough to argue this point.

I've done a ton of things in my life. If I was losing out on opportunities because of them, I'd question the behavior.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
“I think he’s up there with the top five players in the league, and I don’t know, he just doesn’t get the recognition for some reason,” Oshie said.
Kuznetsov smiled as that comment was relayed to him, then was asked whether winning the Hart Trophy, the NHL’s MVP award, is a goal.

“I don’t give [an expletive] about that,” he said. “To be MVP, you have to work hard 365 [days] in a year, but I’m not ready for that. I want to have fun, and I want to make those risky plays when sometimes you don’t have a play and you guys don’t understand every time those plays. It’s not easy to make. But to be MVP in this league, you have to play even better. You have to go next level. It’s not easy. More important, you have to stay focused 365 [days], but that’s not my style.”

Yeah, I totally believe that he find living his own life, the way he wants, to be more important than his NHL career.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Im not arguing with you but he still managed 238 points in 327 games after the cocaine video/suspensions came. Let's not get too dramatic here.
Coke doesn’t ruin you in a day (usually), but if you don’t kick the habit it breaks you down over time, which is what happened to Kuznetsov, in my view.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
one of those really skilled players that is still good enough to play in the NHL and goes to Russia. (similar to Datsyuk) Easily a top 10 player in a redraft. Best of luck.

Reactions: Imgoingtowork

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
You’re back again and in denial again. Of course it did, they lost a middle 6 centre which is a position they’re weak at.
i mean, if we want to pretend kuzy was the 2C fix, whatever.

having said that, the canes still have every center on the roster from last year prior to bringing kuzy in. when they brought him in, they were a top 5 team in the league standings.

2C is definitely a weakness on the canes roster that needs to be addressed better. but if you think that is going to be the reason the canes are going to fall off a cliff next season, there is evidence otherwise.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

having said that, the canes still have every center on the roster from last year prior to bringing kuzy in. when they brought him in, they were a top 5 team in the league standings.

2C is definitely a weakness on the canes roster that needs to be addressed better. but if you think that is going to be the reason the canes are going to fall off a cliff next season, there is evidence otherwise.
We didn’t have a 2C before Trocheck and made the playoffs, we didn’t have a 2C after Trocheck and we put up some huge seasons.

We could use a 2C, but RBA wasn’t going to play Kuzy that way and it seems obvious now this was just Kuzy getting another stab at the playoffs before he moved on.

This was a rental and it went the way of a rental. Kuzy obviously wasn’t a long term solution. He was a 4C that got some pp time. We’ve got five centers on the roster.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC

Agreed. If anything, the Kuzy departure is a plus for the team long term, as it allows us to settle for a long term extension with Jarvis, and gives Necas more room to be signed as well. Let's be real, the chances of us getting back talent better than Necas by trading him was slim, so the best option was always to re-sign him and hope that he can fit in with more opportunity.

Our 2C will probably be Kotkaniemi or Drury. It's for sure the biggest weak spot on the team. Most Canes fans this year expect not to win the division, and to make the playoffs with a worse team than in years past. The silver lining is there is more cap flexibility long term, and we have a lot of reinforcements who could take important spots in the future. We arguably have the best prospect pool of a playoff team.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Lars Eller scored the biggest goal of that playoffs in round 1 against the Blue Jackets.
Now you’re just hating to hate. Kuzys goal against the pens is the greatest goal in capitals history. If you endured all of the losses to pit, not just the ovi era series you’d understand that. Ellers cup clincher could have been anyone and wouldn’t touch kuzys OT goal against pitt

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
5 extra points over 4 rounds doesn't make up for being worse in every other part of the game.

Now you’re just hating to hate. Kuzys goal against the pens is the greatest goal in capitals history. If you endured all of the losses to pit, not just the ovi era series you’d understand that. Ellers cup clincher could have been anyone and wouldn’t touch kuzys OT goal against pitt
Not a hater, just my opinion. I endured all the torture Lemieux and the Penguins put us through over the years. I used to watch DC20 and HTS with Mike Fornes and Al Koken(Gordie Howe the first year) on the call, and used to go to games at the Caps Center, so save your Ovie-bandwagon fan bullshit accusation for somebody else.

The most important goal of that playoffs, and the greatest goal in Caps history, can be 2 different things. If we lose game 3 to Columbus, that would've been 3 consecutive OT losses to start a series, and we would've been down 3 games to 0 against Bob. So, it's almost a guarantee that we lose that series and the Cup doesn't happen, along with the team likely getting dismantled. Instead, we win that game, and the next 3, which absolutely catapulted us forward with momentum. The Kuzy goal was huge,(and is the greatest goal in Caps history)and I will always love the guy for that.
You have to remember, we put Holtby in halfway through game 2, and still lost in OT. When game 3 went to OT, a dread had fallen over the team again. A dread that Caps fans were used to come playoff time, a dread only a few franchises understand. There's a reason we had the "Choking Dogs" nickname in D.C for years.
The Eller goal was a lucky bounce, the type of bounce we never used to get in the playoffs. So, once that goal goes in, it's 2 games to 1, and everything is possible again. We win the next 3 games to take the series, and carry that confidence into Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Random schmoe

Slapshottothehead

May 5, 2024
Canes have a lot of young talent in their pipeline. Not much sence of overpaying players when you need room for young guys. Team is retooling which was needed after 3 straight playoff dissapointments. Probably have 1 off year but this team is still good!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, I'm starting to think the Canes knew this was the outcome after the season ended, because I was like ''What are they doing?!'' when they picked him up with an entire year left on his deal.

This would explain that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad