Proposal: CAR - CGY Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. While I agree Hamilton will never be as good as Faulk, you are completely wrong by saying he can't skate well. He's an excellent skater (especially for his size) and although he's not the best defensively, he's not "terrible" at reading plays and he doesn't make too many mistakes.

Yeah and he's arguably a better shot suppressor than the year-older Faulk too.
1rwf4Q7.png

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's crazy how good of a season Dougie pulled off last year with that start and with that structure of play.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
lol dont show me the advanced stats for hamilton. Ive seen more than enough of him to know that on too many occasion he looks completely lost on his own end and makes a ton of mistakes. Those numbers wont show that, so what u showed me is completely irrelevant.
And idc about his size, I said overall he doesnt skate too well.

Calgary were the team with the most defensive turnovers, at one point (prob all season long), and hamilton had a lot to do with that.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
lol dont show me the advanced stats for hamilton. Ive seen more than enough of him to know that on too many occasion he looks completely lost on his own end and makes a ton of mistakes. Those numbers wont show that, so what u showed me is completely irrelevant.
And idc about his size, I said overall he doesnt skate too well.

Calgary were the team with the most defensive turnovers, at one point (prob all season long), and hamilton had a lot to do with that.

His skating is one thing you can't hold against him.....

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Faulk is the most valuable piece, but Calgary's duo is better than Carolina's.

Calgary doesn't gain enough to part with Gaudreau

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Yes, hence arguably.

Arguably how?

The chart shows that Hamilton is better (by about half of a bar) than Faulk at shot suppression without mentioning their deployment. In other words, Hamilton is better at suppressing his competition than Faulk is at suppressing his competition.

That does not mean that Hamilton is better at Faulk at shot suppression overall, given the difference in how they are deployed. Just to be sure, I checked HERO chart dot com, and I don't think the charts are weighted based on assignment- though I could be wrong.

It's disingenuous to put their hero charts side by side and to conclude that Hamilton is better at shot suppression given their deployment- especially since that is the only category on the damn chart Hamilton finished clearly ahead of Faulk (also goals). Again, unless I'm reading the chart wrong and it is weighted based on deployment.

However Faulk's shot suppression is still sketchy even factoring that in.

Sure, Faulk is not elite defensively yet. He is elite offensively.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Carolina has no reason to do this.

Carolina needs goals - but Gaudreau is not significantly better than Skinner at scoring goals. Gaudreau is 23. Skinner is 24. So neither do they get significantly younger. Carolina would have to negotiate Gaudreau's contract. Skinner is under contract for three more years, and a reasonable one at that - certainly less than what Gaudreau will be signing.

None of this adds up to an upgrade big enough to justify the more sizable downgrade from Faulk to Hamilton.

Hurricanes pass, with gusto.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
but Skinner hasn't done anything to impress me since his rookie year.

:laugh:

28 goals this past season, 33 goals two seasons ago. I know he hasn't been the most consistent player from year to year, but come on.

I will never understand the need of some people on this board to overstate things outrageously in the course of a debate. All it does is make you look uninformed.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I think Gio and Brodie are better than faulk so I have no idea why we would trade our best forward for an upgrade at #3.

Easy pass

as an oilers fan who hates the flames (unless they play the canucks who i absolutely despise)... i concur

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
:laugh:

28 goals this past season, 33 goals two seasons ago. I know he hasn't been the most consistent player from year to year, but come on.

I will never understand the need of some people on this board to overstate things outrageously in the course of a debate. All it does is make you look uninformed.

hes not a bad player but Hall isnt a bad player either and he doesnt impress me as an Oiler fan.

AAKHS10

May 28, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Gaudreau will remain a flame. They would demand a package likely three-times as big as that one not to mention the Flames losing a top three in Hamilton.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Gaudreau >>> Faulk > Hamilton = Skinner

Why does Calgary do this again?

And beyond player value, because I just know some Canes fans will take exception to the suggestion Gaudreau is a substantially better player than Faulk and the difference between Faulk and Hamilton is small, what need does this trade fill?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
At equal salaries they would be similar in value. Once Gaudreau gets the $8 million he deserves the Canes prefer to stick with their pair.

These extreme East/West proposals are funny. Calgary fans speak so confidently about Canes players that they have probably seen them 1-2 times in their entire lives.

Canes are about to have their own Gaudreau in Aho.

"Skinner is injury prone" - wrong
"Skinner has plateaued" - lol
"Faulk has weak shot suppression" - Faulk is the best defender on one of the top shot suppressing teams in the league

Last edited:

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
"just moves his body around" :shakehead Please!!:shakehead:shakehead

We get it, you hate every flame player, they all suck in your opinion. but guess what pal? you're very wrong and have proved over and over you have no clue about the team or it's players. Hamilton not only is a great smooth skater he came 3rd last year in the fastest skater comp for the team. at 6'6 I would consider that a great accomplishment but you'll probably just say the rest of the team is slow!

Do us all a favor and stop trolling flames threads.

He's just warming up. Soon we will hear Brodie is over rated, markov>Brodie.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Don't really see the point, Johnny Hockey is better than Skinner, Faulk, Hamilton: and I'll assume each org likes his guys because bias, so no point really.

Not sure why the thread needs to go beyond this... well, outside of highlighting people's ignorance.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
The chart shows that Hamilton is better (by about half of a bar) than Faulk at shot suppression without mentioning their deployment. In other words, Hamilton is better at suppressing his competition than Faulk is at suppressing his competition.
Playing with Slavin over starfish is a much, much bigger boost than the 0.6 xGF QoC that separates them...

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Context. Faulk plays top minutes and against top competition, Hamilton plays 2nd paring minutes and competition.
but but hero charts and advanced stats tell you everything you need to know about the game, didn't you know that?

But seriously, Faulk is better than Hamilton, no doubt. But With the talent Gaudreau has I wouldn't trade him alone for Faulk and Skinner. Now I am not saying he is worth that price, just saying it would have to be a deal that blows me out of the water to consider moving Gaudreau.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Playing with Slavin over starfish is a much, much bigger boost than the 0.6 xGF QoC that separates them...

He spent 6x as much time playing with noted all-world top pairing defenseman Ron Hainsey than Slavin so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad