GDT: Caps @ Wings. 1/31/14. 7:30pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alznerator

Jan 17, 2014
Rewatched the goals against last night. Wtf is Carrick doing in the lineup?

4-1 Wings. Trade incoming.

Great question. I can't believe the media isn't talking about this (well I can believe it but its something they SHOULD be talking questions about). He looks completely lost out there, they gotta send him back down to get used to the speed of the game and build up his instincts in front of his net. Developing dmen takes longer than forwards and they're going to kill his confidence by throwing him out there when he's not ready.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just got a massage to relax, so I'm probably a bit more optimistic than usual. 4-3 Wings.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
So, hypothetically, what is it going to take for Oates to be fired?

Which, I am not necc. endorsing. I am just curious. Seems like the team may be nearing the point where they stop listening.

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
Wings fan here two struggling teams i always like when we play you guys good luck tn you guys have any updates on if green is in or not?

No other updates, other than he is a game time decision. Would have to think he isn't playing because he a)did not skate in the option morning skate (small crowd) and b)called someone up (even though it was on an emergency basis)

I would tend to think he got a concussion, because of how his head hit the boards and because of how quickly the trainers brought him back to the locker room.

Hopefully that isn't the case because the caps really don't have anyone beside him, Alzner, and Carlson.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
So, hypothetically, what is it going to take for Oates to be fired?

Which, I am not necc. endorsing. I am just curious. Seems like the team may be nearing the point where they stop listening.

If he got fired that's three different coaches in four years. No GM can survive that, he ain't getting fired without George going first.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
If he got fired that's three different coaches in four years. No GM can survive that, he ain't getting fired without George going first.
I don't really think you can count Dale walking as a strike against McPhee since he was brought in as an interim guy and left on good terms.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It seems like GMs do not get fired mid season very often. They only way he gets fired is if we miss the playoffs, and Oates is not the scapegoat. Selling to Ted, look, we spent to the max, I did all I could.

Announcing your new general manager, Peter Bondra! Who would soon name Bengt as coach.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
It seems like GMs do not get fired mid season very often. They only way he gets fired is if we miss the playoffs, and Oates is not the scapegoat. Selling to Ted, look, we spent to the max, I did all I could.

Announcing your new general manager, Peter Bondra! Who would soon name Bengt as coach.

Ugh... The buddy system.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
I'm eating dinner at the Olympia Club next to what I can only assume is Connor Carrick's family based on the three Carrick jerseys. Anything you guys want me to tell them?

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
What you should say, "Connor is going to be a very good defenseman for the Washington Capitals for years to come."

What you want to say, "At this point, I wish Tyson Strachan was waiver exempt." or "I wish Nate Schmidt had your son's roster spot." or "Who do you think the Caps should package with Connor to get a good defenseman."

Liberati0n*

I'm eating dinner at the Olympia Club next to what I can only assume is Connor Carrick's family based on the three Carrick jerseys. Anything you guys want me to tell them?

You can easily tell if they're related to Connor Carrack by seeing if they're 15th-century Portuguese sailing ships. If not, it's probably a false alarm.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Ad7R8lW.png

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Tell them what a sad state the franchise is in that they're resorting to dressing some 19 year old kid on the back end who clearly can't handle his own at the NHL level.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Ask them how much they want for the naked pictures of Oates & McPhee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad