Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread - 2024

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This should close the book on any debate around Lenny and his desire to be on the Caps. Dude has a plan, listens to his advisors, and he was tempted. Struggled with the decision, but he stuck with his plan, and BMac was fine with it. He watched the Caps vs Flyers clinching game closely.

He'll be Cap next year (2025)

First, there isn’t a “debate” around Leonard becoming a Cap.

Second, there was a “concern” mentioned by a few of us, simply bc he didn’t happen this year.

Third, quoting him putting a lot of “weight” in something Kevin f***ing Hayes said is not a good thing, like at all. KH being a 4yr College UFA route guy.

I think you read the parts you wanted to read.

This article does not change anything for me. I still have some minor concerns that Leonard isn’t here. Until he actually signs here, I will continue to have those same concerns. He’s got family, friends, and an agent talking to him. He’s not going to come out and say anything other than platitudes. Nor should he.

I am 95% sure it will all be just fine. Anyone that is 100% sure maybe isn’t showing any wisdom earned from experience.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
First, there isn’t a “debate” around Leonard becoming a Cap.

Second, there was a “concern” mentioned by a few of us, simply bc he didn’t happen this year.

Third, quoting him putting a lot of “weight” in something Kevin f***ing Hayes said is not a good thing, like at all. KH being a 4yr College UFA route guy.

I think you read the parts you wanted to read.

This article does not change anything for me. I still have some minor concerns that Leonard isn’t here. Until he actually signs here, I will continue to have those same concerns. He’s got family, friends, and an agent talking to him. He’s not going to come out and say anything other than platitudes. Nor should he.

I am 95% sure it will all be just fine. Anyone that is 100% sure maybe isn’t showing any wisdom earned from experience.
/debate

🤣

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
This morning’s been all sprints so far. The margins are so small I really can’t make out any differences, and I don’t have an eye for skating technique, so not much I can say. The Adrian College guy seemed to pull something and left the ice a little while ago unfortunately.

IMG_4933.jpeg

Reactions: usiel

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
Forwards are doing passing drills now, and Paraschek looks really good to me. Every pass is right on the tape with velocity.

Cool drill to end it on: two forwards start out facing each other in the faceoff circle, both with a puck. Each one has a cone next to them with a light up puck on top. When the coach flicks a switch, one player’s cone goes blue and they try to score, while the other player’s cone lights up red and they leave their puck and defend. Most guys rip a quick snap shot after a stride or two (Satan scored a few this way) but some guys take longer and try to fight through contact up close. Funk scored a nice one that way that got a reaction from the other guys.
IMG_4936.png

Lots of shootout practice in the free skate. The usual suspects looked good, Leonard and Cristall, but one guy who was surprisingly good was Mateiko. Dude’s got a nice shot.

Leonard and Cristall are signing stuff and taking selfies with kids as everyone leaves the ice. Definite brownie points for those two!

Last edited:

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
Here’s most of the rosters from the 3 on 3 tournament (I missed some of the goalies).

Dark Blue
  • Suzdalev
  • Muggli
  • Thomas
  • Mateiko
  • Satan
Gray
  • Cristall
  • McGuire
  • Lemay
  • Hanelt
  • Thornton
  • Adeniye
Red
  • Allen
  • Hyland
  • Funk
  • Wiesblatt
  • Ramsay
  • McKenzie
Light Blue
  • Hutson
  • Persson
  • Johnson
  • Sikora
  • Chesley
  • Beaupit
White
  • Protas
  • Nikora
  • Paraschek
  • Charpentier
  • Leonard
  • Kempf
I focused on Team White as they were doing the round robin. I didn’t have a great view of one of the nets so I might’ve missed things.

Red 0 v White 1
Nice snipe by Charpentier to open the scoring
Leonard runs Red’s goalie MacKenzie who leaves the ice; didn’t seem intentional, but dumb move Ryan
Beaupit stepped in to finish the game for Red, I didn’t notice if MacKenzie came back

White 2 v LB 1
Leonard pots his first right away
Chesley stops a Protas breakaway nicely, good recovery
Leonard pots a second but Hutson strikes back immediately

DB 0 v White 1
Nikora gets white on the board
Paras great feed to a streaking Leonard who can’t convert
Leonard then gets a breakaway from a nice steal but can’t convert that either
Paras puts a one timer off the crossbar

Gray 2 v White 2
Lemay scores a softy from the point, but Protas cuts in and scores from in tight; Protas is great at using his size to shield off the defender as he cuts to the net with the puck
Watson goes to the splits to deny a great chance for Paras, best save of the day
Cristall scores a pretty one, nice hands (I think he was the overall top scorer for the tourney, either him or Leonard; no surprise there)
Leonard goes 5 hole in a breakaway to tie it

White 2 v DB 1
A loose puck finds Mateiko and he pots it immediately; I noticed him scoring from in tight in another game, big guy’s got nice hands
Charpentier feeds Protas for a deflection to tie it, then Leonard puts them in front immediately afterwards

White team earns a bye, and Light Blue and Gray play to meet them in the finals. Their game ends in a 0-0 tie, so it goes to a shootout.
LB: Hutson X
G: Cristall X
LB: Chesley scores
G: Hanelt scores
LB: Sikora scores (top shelf no nonsense)
G: McGuire X

Light Blue advances to the finals to play the White team juggernaut.

Sikora outmuscles Leonard for a steal but Protas gets back on D to prevent a scoring opportunity
Nikora is tripped and scores 5 hole on the ensuing PS, White up 1-0
Paraschek tips in a nice pass from Charp (I think, maybe Leonard?), White up 2-0
Hutson dangles through the whole white team but his teammates can’t convert
Hutson rocks Leonard against the boards but doesn’t get the puck and Nikora scores, White up 3-0
Sikora and Johnson score in quick succession to get LB back in the game, but it’s to little too late

White wins 3-2 and are your dev camp 3 on 3 champions!

IMG_4951.jpeg

Last edited:

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Apparently Leonard got into it with Oasiz Wiesblatt at one point, but I haven't seen the incident that prompted it. (Maybe worth noting for fairness, McKenzie, the goalie Leonard ran, was the goalie for Wiesblatt's team. There might have been some intention to 'stick up for his teammate' there, though I can't imagine anyone would intentionally go after knees in a prospect camp.)

The xweet that was here was deleted, it was by Sammi Silber quoting Leonard as being critical of Wiesblatt seemingly going after knees or legs.

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Here’s most of the rosters from the 3 on 3 tournament (I missed some of the goalies).

Dark Blue
  • Suzdalev
  • Muggli
  • Thomas
  • Mateiko
  • Satan
Gray
  • Cristall
  • McGuire
  • Lemay
  • Hanelt
  • Thornton
  • Adeniye
Red
  • Allen
  • Hyland
  • Funk
  • Wiesblatt
  • Ramsay
  • McKenzie
Light Blue
  • Hutson
  • Persson
  • Johnson
  • Sikora
  • Chesley
  • Beaupit
White
  • Protas
  • Nikora
  • Paraschek
  • Charpentier
  • Leonard
  • Kempf
I focused on Team White as they were doing the round robin. I didn’t have a great view of one of the nets so I might’ve missed things.

Red 0 v White 1
Nice snipe by Charpentier to open the scoring
Leonard runs Red’s goalie MacKenzie who leaves the ice; didn’t seem intentional, but dumb move Ryan
Beaupit stepped in to finish the game for Red, I didn’t notice if MacKenzie came back

White 2 v LB 1
Leonard pots his first right away
Chesley stops a Protas breakaway nicely, good recovery
Leonard pots a second but Hutson strikes back immediately

DB 0 v White 1
Nikora gets white on the board
Paras great feed to a streaking Leonard who can’t convert
Leonard then gets a breakaway from a nice steal but can’t convert that either
Paras puts a one timer off the crossbar

Gray 2 v White 2
Lemay scores a softy from the point, but Protas cuts in and scores from in tight; Protas is great at using his size to shield off the defender as he cuts to the net with the puck
Watson goes to the splits to deny a great chance for Paras, best save of the day
Cristall scores a pretty one, nice hands (I think he was the overall top scorer for the tourney, either him or Leonard; no surprise there)
Leonard goes 5 hole in a breakaway to tie it

White 2 v DB 1
A loose puck finds Mateiko and he pots it immediately; I noticed him scoring from in tight in another game, big guy’s got nice hands
Charpentier feeds Protas for a deflection to tie it, then Leonard puts them in front immediately afterwards

White team earns a bye, and Light Blue and Gray play to meet them in the finals. Their game ends in a 0-0 tie, so it goes to a shootout.
LB: Hutson X
G: Cristall X
LB: Chesley scores
G: Hanelt scores
LB: Sikora scores (top shelf no nonsense)
G: McGuire X

Light Blue advances to the finals to play the White team juggernaut.

Sikora outmuscles Leonard for a steal but Protas gets back on D to prevent a scoring opportunity
Nikora is tripped and scores 5 hole on the ensuing PS, White up 1-0
Paraschek tips in a nice pass from Charp (I think, maybe Leonard?), White up 2-0
Hutson dangles through the whole white team but his teammates can’t convert
Hutson rocks Leonard against the boards but doesn’t get the puck and Nikora scores, White up 3-0
Sikora and Johnson score in quick succession to get LB back in the game, but it’s to little too late

White wins 3-2 and are your dev camp 3 on 3 champions!

View attachment 892836
Thanks for the updates this camp. I think we have some good players in the group.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Just reading camp results our 1st rounders sounds like Leonard was the top player and took a leadership role. Big plus for him.
Tariek form what Im hearing was having problems in the skating drills

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
You guys are underrating Cristall IMO he is 2nd only behind Bedard for players born post 2000 in career PPG in the WHL
He's considered our 3rd best prospect. (I suppose he could be ranked 2nd, but Miro's played in the NHL, so that gives him a pretty big advantage with regards to their floors.) Who is underrating him?

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the updates this camp. I think we have some good players in the group.

Very disappointed that I spaced out going to Dcamp the previous 2 days. But excellent coverage from Kalo* more than made up for it. It was great to see Leonard dominating the reporting.
Thanks guys! I took this week off work then kinda forgot to plan anything, then realized it was Dev Camp week so I decided on a whim to go to all the open sessions. Glad people here appreciated the coverage!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
You guys are underrating Cristall IMO he is 2nd only behind Bedard for players born post 2000 in career PPG in the WHL

I have Leonard and Cristall as 1A and 1B in the pipeline. Splitting hairs between who is better. Leonard is maybe a bit more NHL ready now but I think both are about equally likely to become star players.

I am very interested in Hutson's trajectory as well. To get a shot at him for a mediocre 4th line winger was larceny!

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Happy for the kids signing at the Propescts Camp. Was just looking at CapFriendly (yes, CapFriendly!) and it looks like each of Cam Allen, LittlePro, and Parascak all got Signing bonuses in the $95,000 - $97,000 USD range. Assuming that would be money right away. So maybe they get home and buy a nice used car and put some away for tax (so that's roughly $130,000 CDN for Parascak and Allen).

Parascak also gets a $500,000 USD Performance Bonus each year (no mention of how) and $10,500 USD "Junior Salary", which I have not seen before. So that would be on top of the weekly Junior Team stipend.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
lol to Orpik, “you’re still in game shape”…..

Orpik telling him where to shoot on the goalie….Brooks looks all business.

When does that guy get into the coaching game for us as an assistant?
when love/allen gets poached for a bigger job/the org moves on from them, perhaps

Last edited:

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I have Leonard and Cristall as 1A and 1B in the pipeline. Splitting hairs between who is better. Leonard is maybe a bit more NHL ready now but I think both are about equally likely to become star players.

I am very interested in Hutson's trajectory as well. To get a shot at him for a mediocre 4th line winger was larceny!
They should just make Cristall an offer. I don't see any reason for him to play another year with teenagers. I know he can't go to Hershey, couldn't they have him play a couple NHL games and then send him down?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
They should just make Cristall an offer. I don't see any reason for him to play another year with teenagers. I know he can't go to Hershey, couldn't they have him play a couple NHL games and then send him down?
Signed last year, no dragging our feet on Cristall

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Signed last year, no dragging our feet on Cristall
Based on what has been said on these boards, he has to stay in the WHL this coming year due to his age. My understanding is he is not eligible to go play in Hershey because he's too young. Yet younger players have played in the NHL, so maybe that's a way around it.

I'm sure he'd be in Hershey this year if he was allowed.

Reactions: Silky mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad