Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread - 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I don't know if he's bound for the NHL, but I think he could be a decent 2nd or 3rd line center in Hershey
Well said. I think there is optimism around him as a long shot NHL player. I think Hyland also falls into that camp. But right now we need to stock the Hershey pond with some good young prospects. We’ll get to do that with all of our picks and players graduating from juniors from last three drafts. Still pissed that Cristal (and Cam Allen) cannot play in Hershey next year.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Link dump to the HF Prospect Board threads on the new draftees.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I’m at the dev camp right now watching the skating drills. They just had em all skating backwards, and it’s hilarious how the D’s make it look easy while some of the F’s look like it’s their first time on skates
Awesome! Let us know who stands out if you can. 🙂

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Dev Camp Roster
1719945683034.jpeg

Reactions: usiel and Marshall

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
Awesome! Let us know who stands out if you can. 🙂
Honestly, these drills are f***ing TOUGH, and they’re intricate. It’s hard for me to tell who looks good because they’re a good skater vs who looks good because they’re cheating on the drill. A lot of the top guys have struggled at one time or another.

They just did a drill that involved skating the length of the ice on a single foot, alternating every few strides between forwards and backwards. At the end Wendy picked out some of the best for a little competition. Came down to Muggli and Johnson, and Johnson won.

In general these drills seemed to favor the D. Lemay was one guy who seemed particularly strong to me.

Also, for all the shit Cristall gets about his skating, I haven’t noticed him having any particular trouble. They’re doing a ladder agility drill, and he was next to Hutson and kept pace (so did big Satan, impressive)

Chesley has very fast feet on the ladder drill. He and Leonard were facing off and seemed to be having fun together. Props to Muggli and Lemay on the ladder drill too.

They ended by sprinting to a metronome. First one beep per second (so one stride per second), then two, then four, then eight. Weird note here: at the higher speeds Cristall was noticeably lagging behind the guys sprinting with him. Then for the last one Wendy turned off the metronome and told them to go all out. This time, Cristall finished near the head of his group. No idea what to make of that.

Last edited:

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
They’re doing kind of a free skate now with pucks. No nets, but Chesley and Leonard are working on tips.
IMG_4854.jpeg

Hutson’s joined in now. USA boys getting along nicely.

Meanwhile, Cristall’s talking to Wendy for some extra instruction after class. Nice to see.
IMG_4856.jpeg

Last edited:

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Also, for all the shit Cristall gets about his skating, I haven’t noticed him having any particular trouble. They’re doing a ladder agility drill, and he was next to Hutson and kept pace (so did big Satan, impressive)

Chesley has very fast feet on the ladder drill. He and Leonard were facing off and seemed to be having fun together. Props to Muggli and Lemay on the ladder drill too.

They ended by sprinting to a metronome. First one beep per second (so one stride per second), then two, then four, then eight. Weird note here: at the higher speeds Cristall was noticeably lagging behind the guys sprinting with him. Then for the last one Wendy turned off the metronome and told them to go all out. This time, Cristall finished near the head of his group. No idea what to make of that.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
It's interesting to see so many of their free agent invites are NCAA players, 6 of the 9.

This may be typical and I've just never noticed it before. Or, it could just be them identifying and building relationships with kids they might want to sign later.

Or, they could just need warm bodies.

(A guy from Adrian College? A private, Methodist, Division III liberal arts school in Michigan with under 2,000 enrollees. Wow.)

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad