GDT: Caps @ Sabres - 1/28/14 7:30 PM

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I hope Miller gets traded somewhere else so people can stop creaming about him. That would be such a stupid, stupid thing to trade for Miller. Especially someone like Kuznetsov or Wilson for Miller. He isn't even a great goaltender.

Whoever said we would trade Kuz or Wilson? Murray ones a 1st round and something else. McPhee loves Wilson and Kuz, he would never do that and if he did, he will be fired anyway

He would help a lot and you can't say he wouldn't

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
txpd right on schedule.

How many goals does he have as a Capital?

right on schedule how?

zero goals. so....a point per game is worthless if they are assists?
as I asked already. if he scores some goals quickly that changes things?

edit: I posted in the trade forum that erat has been a failure. I certainly thought he has been worthless. then I noticed tonight he's 5th on the team in assists. considering the scratches and 4th line time. that's somewhat surprising. so...I looked and its 13 pts in his last 22 games. you have to say is no goals? you can do better than that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
how does that matter? a point is a point. but I will humor you. if he has 15 assists in the next 10 games for 28pts in his past 32 games, you would say he is a bust because the goal total is zero? really?

I will take 20 goals over 40 secondary assists any day. All points are not equal. Like plus/minus there's a way to use the stat and not every single one is measurable against every other one.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I will take 20 goals over 40 secondary assists any day. All points are not equal. Like plus/minus there's a way to use the stat and not every single one is measurable against every other one.

ok....so backstrom isn't that good because he has so many more assists than goals?

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
Whoever said we would trade Kuz or Wilson? Murray ones a 1st round and something else. If McPhee loves Wilson and Kuz, he would never do that and if he did, he will be fired anyway

He would help a lot and you can't say he wouldn't

So what would it take to get Miller then?

It's not like we could just trade Liach, Brower, Erat and Volpatti for Miller. They are going to want a player that either excels at his position now, or more likely will excel in the future.

I've always thought Miller was overrated anyhow, especially recently. I could totally see it being a Bryzgolov (or whatever big name goalie that Philly paid dearly for and sucked) type situation. No chance it would be a Patrick Roy situation whatsoever, especially considering the teams other glowing needs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
ok....so backstrom isn't that good because he has so many more assists than goals?

You don't read entire posts and think about what people are saying before replying, do you? Of course not, because it gives you a chance to put words in peoples' mouths and knock down strawmen.

Like plus/minus, it depends on how you apply it. If you have an OBVIOUS top tier setup guy who you KNOW gets a lot of primary and clutch assists, then points matter in the discussion. If you have some d-man who gets a lot of secondary assists you are not going to put a lot of weight in comparing those points to other players.

Likewise if you have a guy who you know is a solid lockdown defenseman and he has a great plus/minus, it may mean more than just looking at two players and saying one guy is better because he's +3 while his competition is only +1.

Vladiator16*

Hypothetically speaking, point per game player for his money is a steal, too bad he isn't that player though. He needs to put some in, its getting ridiculous now.

OMG WTF!!! 4-4

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
100 assists in the last 10 games or not, I can't recall Erat ever doing anything other than skating around all over the place and taking penalties. I can't recall a single "play" he's made in the last dozen games or so.

butters8814*

It might be time to give someone else a chance to start at goalie for this team, Holtby needs to go.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hypothetically speaking, point per game player for his money is a steal, too bad he isn't that player though. He needs to put some in, its getting ridiculous now.

OMG WTF!!! 4-4

Right that's what I mean by you have to look at the context. If you have a guy like Erat who's done it his whole career then you probably give him the benefit of the doubt when looking at a season total or even a span of games. But at the same time you realize short stretches probably don't mean as much if what you see on the ice doesn't really match the numbers. It probably means a lot of secondary assists or continuation assists.

Bottom line is a few assists in a few games with no goals on a 13th place team is not cause to declare a trade a success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad