Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well that is great news.
That is unexpected news. The last time I was there was for Clash of the Titans tour with Alice in Chains, Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer.

For Slayer we had a HUGE figure 8 pit with people running full speed around the perimeter of the arena, and crashing into each other at the crossover. It was like a literal scene from hell.

It was gweat.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I wonder if Baltimore got a franchise would the Caps look to partner with them as their AHL partner over the Bears? I feel like I can't imagine they'd want to drop such a successful institution to save some travel time, but it's also not my money getting them to and from.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Problem is the only way to get real support of that from the local base would be that the caps are the affiliate. I could see us drop the stingrays maybe

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
I wonder if Baltimore got a franchise would the Caps look to partner with them as their AHL partner over the Bears? I feel like I can't imagine they'd want to drop such a successful institution to save some travel time, but it's also not my money getting them to and from.
I don't think the Caps ever should or will drop the Bears and Hershey feels the same way. The Caps give them much more freedom -- both financially and with roster-building decisions -- than every other AHL team and it's paid off in spades for both franchises. In a hard cap league you can still flex your financial power on the margins with stuff like that and it's a real competitive edge but one that also only really works because Hershey is a viable stand-alone team with a great arena and fan base.

Unfortunately if Baltimore gets an AHL team I think it would almost certainly be Carolina's affiliate ...

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Correct me if I’m wrong, Hershey has had an AHL franchise for….ever? Baltimore had a couple come and go?

I doubt the “fan base” in balmer, and to a greater extent NOVA, would have a long attention span as it relates to minor league teams.

Hershey is in no man’s land, any “pro” team is hours away, and that I believe makes the bears a consistently good draw.

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Pronman definitely has a type -- good skaters and offensive defenseman -- and I think (as is natural as there's only so much hockey you can watch!) is often slow to update priors from his DY viewings of players. Concerns about Lapierre's skating especially are pretty funny as he was pretty clearly one of the top 3 or so best skating Caps in the playoffs, even if that was a low bar last year.

A bit lower on Leonard and Paraseck but a bit higher on Miro and Iorio than I would say the consensus is. His ranking of Mateiko is fascinating especially compared to Hutson and Muggli who seem to project much better out of the most recent draft analytics and NHLe wise. Super low on Cristall as he always has been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad