Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm close to the same age and had a few polyps removed.

Don't wait.

Same thing goes for skin checks, as I'm now finding out.
I worry about my lack of sun exposure vitamin-wise I can go a couple of weeks without being in the daylight.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'm 55 and haven't had one yet. Playing poker versus the devil.
You need to know your family history regarding colon issues, i.e. polyps, cancer. Your Physician should make the referral for you, plus you should be going for annual physicals. Trust me, I'm a bit older then most here.

If your Doctor doesn't say anything about it, you need to let him know that you've never had a colonoscopy.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Have never done the colonoscopy. Doctor never recommended it back in California, but was still in my 40s then. Was always good about the mammograms tho. Then we moved here, and haven't seen a doc since... going on 3 years. No reason really. Just lazy.

Finally got a dentist earlier this year and that was embarrassing, but the tooths are on the mend at least. Covid man, it totally broke my discipline about stuff like routine medical care. I never liked dealing with people much to begin with, but now... it's such a chore. I have been looking at doctors tho. Will probably get an appointment set up this fall.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I’m glad to see Fever withdraw. He needs to come in healthy. He plays a lot of hockey. I like him at 3LD.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I look at it as we simply need ONE of Sandin, Fever, TVR (not likely), or Alexeyev/Iorio (least likeliest!!) to stand up and seize a top 4 roll this season. I don’t expect it at camp, but over the course of 82, that would be exactly that what we need — one of those 5 guys to step up.

We all know we have 3 top4 D-men. We simply are not sure about the 4th yet

IF poor Oshie goes on LTIR, then we have money/space to spend on a “better fit” for that last slot. And we’d have Sandin, Fever, TVR, some forwards, and of course futures, to have as a base for upgrade (obv each comes with their own caveats).

Fun times in CapsLand!!!!👍🏽👍🏽😁😁

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Which sucks a bit, but you also don’t make a depth chart by contract status and Sandin plays like a weak 4. That should be a replacement candidate if anyone beneath him shows improvement

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I look at it as we simply need ONE of Sandin, Fever, TVR (not likely), or Alexeyev/Iorio (least likeliest!!) to stand up and seize a top 4 roll this season. I don’t expect it at camp, but over the course of 82, that would be exactly that what we need — one of those 5 guys to step up.

We all know we have 3 top4 D-men. We simply are not sure about the 4th yet

IF poor Oshie goes on LTIR, then we have money/space to spend on a “better fit” for that last slot. And we’d have Sandin, Fever, TVR, some forwards, and of course futures, to have as a base for upgrade (obv each comes with their own caveats).

Fun times in CapsLand!!!!👍🏽👍🏽😁😁
I like this take. the long view to the playoffs. Lots of checkpoints. Game 1. December. TDL. Playoffs. And then some decisions will have to be made. I’m excited to see it play out!

Reactions: Ridley Simon

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Playing PLD and Wilson together is interesting, and also deciding between Ovi and Mangiapane for the LW spot there. In the second scenario I guess you have

Ovi-Strome- XXX
Mangiapane-PLD-Wilson
Milano-XXX-XXX
Duhaime-Dowd-Raddysh

and Lapierre, McMichael, and Protas fill out those three spots in some combo? Not sure that's how I would optimize this lineup but would certainly be interesting

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Playing PLD and Wilson together is interesting, and also deciding between Ovi and Mangiapane for the LW spot there. In the second scenario I guess you have

Ovi-Strome- XXX
Mangiapane-PLD-Wilson
Milano-XXX-XXX
Duhaime-Dowd-Raddysh

and Lapierre, McMichael, and Protas fill out those three spots in some combo? Not sure that's how I would optimize this lineup but would certainly be interesting
The key will be to unlock as much from PLD as possible. So whomever exhibits chemistry with him. Either LW or RW.

In the above — I like Lapierre and McMichael together on line 3, with Milano.

And I really like Protas w Ovechkin and Strome. Both 8 and 17 are good passers (AND good shooters), and Protas has really good hands and a good hockey IQ. He can see plays and pass well.

I think it’s as good a start as any.

PS — Vrana in Milano’s spot could be a thing too.

Ovechkin - Strome - Protas (Oshie)
Mangiapane - DuBois - Wilson
Milano(Vrana?) - McMichael - Lapierre (Oshie)
Duhaime - Dowd - Raddysh (Milano or Oshie)
Vrana (Raddysh or Milano)

Also Oshie! Where would he actually go?

He’s replace Raddysh, IMO, in the starting 12. Maybe even 4RW?

Reactions: qc14 and Kazer

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Training camp not too far away. It feels like two years ago the Caps played. I'm extremely excited for this upcoming season good or bad.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
My dream lineup, assuming people are preforming at the top of their games.

Ovi - Strome - Protas
Vrana - PLD - Wilson
Mangiapane - CMC/Lapierre - Oshie.
Duahime - Dowd - Raddysh.

I'd probably prefer CMC at 3C and Lapiere playing 1C in Hershey, but they gotta graduate him at some point but I don't want either one playing the wing.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I'm not saying that he can't take it to the next level at 23, but Protas has 13 goals in 169 NHL games, including only 6 last season. I doubt he fits well on main scoring lines.

I'm also intrigued by the potential Ovechkin-Dubouis-Wilson line. Not so much about pairing AO and Strome again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad