Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Sep 19, 2008
Generally speaking I like the trades, drafts and FA signings so far. This team has had a strong offseason.

Shook up the roster and put a lot of new blood in. Let's hope it pays off

Reactions: Calicaps

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
I could see Milano move at some point before the TD if Miroshnichenko makes the case with call ups (I'm good with him starting in Hershey).

Move candidates, in order, for me

TvR
Milano
Dowd
Sundin

Could provide a good more Draft Capital for more fun next June. And keeps moving in youth as appropriate.

I expect to see even more improvements from our youth as they won't be expected to carry the load all by themselves up front, and will have a vastly better back end to rely on.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
I could see Milano move at some point before the TD if Miroshnichenko makes the case with call ups (I'm good with him starting in Hershey).

Move candidates, in order, for me

TvR
Milano
Dowd
Sundin

Could provide a good more Draft Capital for more fun next June. And keeps moving in youth as appropriate.

I expect to see even more improvements from our youth as they won't be expected to carry the load all by themselves up front, and will have a vastly better back end to rely

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
I suspect he'll have every opportunity to steal a center or wing slot in the top 6 out of camp. If he shows he's ready, I don't see Carbery or Mac holding him back. Hell, you could trade Strome for a pretty damn nice haul if both Jimi and CMM make strides.
Hey, don't say that - you're only allowed to suggest CMM move!!! Haha!

GMBM is creating a highly competitive culture and that sends the message that everyone has to earn their spot.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I was in favor of trading McMicheal in a deal for someone like Chychrun (think I suggested CMM + 17th, what the hell do I know?) but it makes no sense now with that contract. The Caps are a big character team when it comes to drafting, and I imagine McMicheal is going to improve his game in the offseason like he has every year so far.

Last edited:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Ovy PLD Lapierre
Mangiapane Strome Wilson
Milano McMichael Protas
Duhaime Dowd Raddyish

Fever Carlson
Chychrun Roy
Sandin TVR

Reactions: Misery74

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Ovy PLD Lapierre
Mangiapane Strome Wilson
Milano McMichael Protas
Duhaime Dowd Raddyish

Fever Carlson
Chychrun Roy
Sandin TVR
This is about as close to what i have been thinking. I think Lappy would fit on first line, but i have it like this:

OV-PLD-Protas
Lappy-Strome-Wilson
Mangiapane-McMichael-Oshie (until he says he is done - then Milano)
Duhaime-Dowd-Raddysh
Frank Sutter

Same Dee lineup.

But there are soooo many options here. Will be interesting to see the on-ice product beyond the spreadsheets. Who has chemistry together. So many guys can play up and down the lineup. Left and right. Plenty of center options. Will be a lot of fun!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Random thought: Wonder if the Caps will get new unis to go with their 50th anniversary and shiny new roster.
They are sunsetting the Blue Alt’s….. so I’m sure one (or more) of the reverse retro’s could come back, and there’s always always always the originals.

They should dump the currents. Use reverse retros and originals only.

But what do I know. 🤷🏿‍♂️😂😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad