Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - December 20

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Something is very off with this team. Once some sort of defensive breakdown results in a goal, the wheels fall off and they dig themselves in an even deeper hole. It's almost like they know it's coming and they can't do anything to stop it.

AV and the coaching staff can pore over tapes and shuffle the lines all they want, but the players obviously aren't responding to it. It's weird that there haven't been any closed door meetings, bag skates, or GM visits to the locker room, these are the things you typically see when a team has struggled like this for so long. More involvement may be needed from the coaching staff and the front office to figure out how to get this team to stop imploding.

Hayes is having a Del Zotto-esque sophomore season, he thinks he's hot **** after a good rookie year and is going through the motions. Del Zotto got sent down during his sophomore year and so should Hayes if this keeps up, but I doubt AV will resort to such a drastic measure.
I agree. I could see Kreider being the odd one out in a shakeup trade.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
They probably refuse media after this game and have a 30 min. talk and AV need to ask the team what happend after the (3-1) lead in the 1st period.

League rules prohibit completely blowing off the media.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This group got complacent and assumed they'd be the best team in the NHL without really having to work for it. It's backfired and now they're a real train wreck.

Something has to change. There needs to be something done to shake this up.

I am huge believer in that, especially with the Rangers being the most coddled, well taken care of team in the NHL. They have the best of everything, everywhere they go and in everything they do and once you're winning it's hard not to become completely complacent in thinking all you have to do is just show up and you'll win games.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Hayes isn't waiver eligible right? I don't think he is since I'm pretty sure it's based on service time but sending him down would certainly be a pretty big wake up call to him and everyone else.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I have lost a lot of hope for this team. Lundqvist had a .946% Save percentage at around 20 games into this season. Now he has a .925% save percentage....

This team mostly ruined his Hart trophy season.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Report of some mystery injury for hanky in 3.2.1

Diagnosis: he's lost something. Mental ? Physical. Age. Something definitely wrong with henrik. Suddenly his nightly save % looks laughable and the number of goals he's giving up is alarming.

This team is in a full blown free fall. That 2nd period was absolutely positively beyond brutal. I mean, unwatchable brutality.

Not sure they can sit idle and watch this **** show anymore.

Too many riding in the cart. Not enough pulling the cart.

Time for something to happen.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
It's not really a question that the defense is quite a bit worse without him right now. You can say whatever you want, but the team is unquestionably worse with Summers or Skjei in the line-up over him. I'm fine with replacing him with a top 4 defenseman. Go and get us one.

Alright, well we don't totally disagree here.

Skjei is obviously very young and still developing. Lost lots of physical battles and poor positioning in the defensive zone. That's fine because those are much more teachable than other crippling elements to someone's game. If we weren't getting roflstomped every game, I'd have given Skjei more of a chance to improve before ending the experiment.

Summers sucks, always has sucked, and doesn't belong in the NHL.

But like mentioned before, my ideal situation would be Klein back in the top 4 when healthy, Yandle-McIlrath, and Girardi on the bottom pair (or not playing). Having no Klein is the real killer here imo.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It's not really a question that the defense is quite a bit worse without him right now. You can say whatever you want, but the team is unquestionably worse with Summers or Skjei in the line-up over him. I'm fine with replacing him with a top 4 defenseman. Go and get us one.

again dude... KLEIN is the defenseman that was making a difference.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yup, I think if a trade does go down, it could involve someone like Kreider and not Staal/Girardi like everyone wants to see.

Well a Staal or Girardi being traded mid season isn't something that's going to happen. Between the NMC and the term/$ a team trading for them would have to take on, it's too many hurdles to jump over mid season.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Report of some mystery injury for hanky in 3.2.1

Diagnosis: he's lost something. Mental ? Physical. Age. Something definitely wrong with henrik. Suddenly his nightly save % looks laughable and the number of goals he's giving up is alarming.

This team is in a full blown free fall. That 2nd period was absolutely positively beyond brutal. I mean, unwatchable brutality.

Not sure they can sit idle and watch this **** show anymore.

Too many riding in the cart. Not enough pulling the cart.

Time for something to happen.

Only issue with Henrik is confidence. Not in himself, or his technique, but the team in front of him defensively.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Caps special teams killed us tonight.

Again, we kept leaving Ovi open in his office. Something about this team just lets him do that. Every. Single. Game.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013

the exact problem, actually, was that replaced Girardi with players that played Girardi level hockey.

Just by possession, Staal-McDonagh have been good to great actually. It's XXX-Boyle that have been subhuman sewage in the last few games.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Since we're talking about trades, I'd move Hayes with salary retention on Staal or Girardi.

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
I was baffled when I saw the Hayes, Zucc and Glass line...

Speaking of Hayes. He might be the most overrated player on the Rangers. Yes, he gets some nice looking goals once in a while, but he's trying too hard to be Nash, but with 1/4'th of the skill. Also Nash.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Very true Klein is our most consistent defenseman in the d zone this year but just think he's saying that Who do we replace girardi with for this year? 99.999 percent he's not getting traded and at this point skjei not a better option and summers induces vomitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad