Rumor: Capitals interested in Claude Giroux.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
His career isn't over, it's just one playoff run.

I feel like at this age Giroux should be making every moment count in an effort to win a cup. Not sure how many seasons he has left in him with the probability of injury increasing yearly. If I'am him I'am in more of the "I need a Cup now" mindset.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
oh I had no idea he was retiring after this year. he could easily do a run with the caps and sign with a contender in the offseason. he is only 34

Why wouldn’t he go to a contender right now and not wait untill summer?

Colorado or Florida for example?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't see the fit. Caps aren't in need of a top six forward with Mantha back and G plays the same board as Ovi on the power play.
I see the fit.

They desperately need a 2-way forward that can play in the middle-6, on the wing and at center. Giroux gives them a ton of flexibility with face-offs (Specifically Kuznetsov) and I can see him working with a number of different options in the Caps top 9 forward group. He's been my #1 target all year.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I'm kinda with Carlzner as far as Giroux being a toply desired target for all the reasons they stated. But I'm not sure this is the season to trade top prospects/pieces for a rental.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
I see the fit.

They desperately need a 2-way forward that can play in the middle-6, on the wing and at center. Giroux gives them a ton of flexibility with face-offs (Specifically Kuznetsov) and I can see him working with a number of different options in the Caps top 9 forward group. He's been my #1 target all year.

McMichael and a 1st?

Would sure as hell get people to forget about the cost to obtain Martin Erat and give them something new to talk about

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm sure Giroux looks at the Caps and says "uh yeah that is my best option for a cup" lol

That would be a sad way to end Giroux career.

I mean, the Caps are a good team and Giroux would make them that much better. Just because they're not a favourite doesn't mean they wouldn't have a puncher's chance if they added Giroux.

I can't believe I'm a Pens fan trying to convince a Caps fan of the Caps legitimacy.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He’s definitely best fit for a team like the Avs. It does seem like interest is increasing. The number of scouts at Flyer games is pretty high these days. G, Braun, Risto, Jones being on the block. Maybe more.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not buying the fit for G in WAS (though if he wants to go back to his original position, Ovechkin-Backstrom-Giroux is FILTHY), but Braun would provide a ton of value there, and Jones exists.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I love Giroux as a player. If he can bump down Oshie to the third line and the Caps go with a second line of Giroux-Backstrom-Mantha I really like the top six.

I just don’t think the Caps would get the value out of him that it’d cost to acquire him. He’s not going to get PP time which negates a lot of what he will add to his new time.

I also have a hard time believing the Caps would be the highest bidder. GMBM said his top prospects are off the table because he thinks they’ll be in DC sooner rather than later and he’s been outspoken about his disappointment in their play since the calendar flipped to 2022. Someone is going to pay a bounty for him and justifiably so but I can’t see it being Washington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad