Confirmed with Link: Canucks Trade W Vasily Podkolzin to Oilers for 2025 4th (OTT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
After the initial shock, an early to mid fourth round pick is good value for pod.
Unfortunate he couldn't put it together or we couldn't get anything better, but a 4th rd. pick for a replacement level fourth line player soon to be on waivers is very decent value at worst, and rather good value at best.

Reactions: Indiana

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
I can't really bring myself to get too worked up about this. Pod would've been in tough to make the team out of camp, and we likely would've ended up losing him on waivers in October. Get an asset, hope your read of him as an AHL/NHL tweener was correct. Don't love him heading to Edmonton but also not really too worried about it.

Do wonder a bit if this is a precursor to a bigger deal helping Edmonton clear space by exacting a further, higher price in futures.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
He wasn't in any of my lineups going into the season.

Is he eligible for waivers this year? I guess at least we got something for him if he was going on waivers anyway in September

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
A 4th feels a bit light. But I must say, as a big Podz fan, that he looked lost on the ice. Whatever magic he had shown in his rookie year seems to have vanished. I wonder if the concussion set him back. He never seemed to get going the way he was going pre C. I hope for him the best. Been a big fan and will continue to be. But with the depth we have recently acquired and the fact he was subject to waivers sealed his fate as a Canuck.

Good luck in Edmonton Vasily!

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It would be fun to see Podkolzin on Draisaitl’s wing once in a while as well lol

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not shocked in the least. Kid just hasn’t developed. Continues to look lost at the NHL level. I figured they would give him the camp but he was always going to be on a very short leash.

Good luck in Edmonton Podz…but just personal luck. f*** your new team.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Might be. But they just signed him to a two-year deal, so it seems strange to take on the extra financial risk for a player you don’t like.

I kind to figured Podkolzin would end up being traded this offseason, I just figured it would be for a player and not a mid-range pick. I never thought he was going to have much value. Buys them more flexibility for training camp or handle injuries.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I mean we clearly decided he wasn’t gonna play next year and we just dumped him for whatever. Weird we resigned him first, but Tocchet must have been brutally honest to Alvin about his chances or something Ike that

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Disappointing. Another top 10 whiff. Would be nice to have had some middling hits. This team drafts over the last 15 years has basically been a homerun derby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad