Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign Kirill Kudryavtsev to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What impressed me about Kudryavtsev tonight is how effective he was along the wall. The Oilers play a hard forechecking style, focused on punishing d-men in the offensive zone and reclaiming the puck.

But Kiril was able to absorb a lot of those hits and make a safe, effective pass out of his own zone. Went back and checked his Hockey DB profile.

He's listed at only 6', but 202. He's built like a fire-hydrant. Thanks to his strong pre-season, he's a lock for Abbotsford......and could even get some NHL callups if he keeps progressing. Almost unheard of for a 7th round draft pick who could still play junior hockey this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluesyShoes

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Kirill, he can break the puck out under heat, that kid,” said Tocchet. “I can’t pronounce his last name — you’ve gotta help me out — but I’m really impressed with him.”

• Haha
Reactions: DarrenX

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kudryavtsev will be an interesting guy to to follow in Abbotsford in the early going. Tocchet doesn't very often hand out glowing praise to young d-men. But this 20-year old kid has earned the accolades,

If he continues to process the game at a high rate and deliver some of those nifty head-man passes, I could actually see him getting into some NHL games this year. He brings to the table something the Canucks sorely lack, lower down on their blueline--a fairly skilled, puck-moving d-man.

Of course I seem recall that last year Cole McWard got an extended look in training camp and was actually kept around and played one regular season game. But landed back in Abbotsford, where his season was pretty 'average'. So you really never know until they drop the puck.

Reactions: PavelBure10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad