Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Ilya Mikheyev to 4-Year Deal ($4.75M AAV)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not a fan
Too much for a 2nd/3rd line winger
This means Miller is gone right?

Also lol another signing here the local medias had zero leaks

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Not sure he has the offensive upside to make this deal worthwhile. Fast though, should help the PK a lot.

I think they're betting that his EV points can translate if given more opportunity... Wonder if this means Garland is out.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ugly.

We have way too much salary on the wings.

Boeser, Garland, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Podkolzin, Pearson, Hoglander, Dickinson.

You’ll either have someone players making 2.7+ or young guys who need to play a lot on your 4th line.

They need to shift salary out. And players out.

Mikheyev is actually a really good on-ice fit for this coach, GM, and what we are missing in the lineup in out middle six.

I would have been really curious about what the cost was to get Pulju rather than paying Mikheyev.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
one of our wingers is getting dealt, huge log jam now

Garland, Boeser, Hoglander, Pearson, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, Dickinson, Mikheyev...

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
How? With what cap space? Horrid for a Hansen like winger who has speed but isn't a big production guy with some stone hands syndrome. $3m player at most

At least it adds speed to our wings which we don't have much of otherwise...

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
He's a play driver. If you can recoup some assets for Garland, it's actually a positive.

(I like Garland more, FWIW)

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Seems like a lot of AAV, but guess itmdoes give us some elite speed on the roster. Lazar and Mikhey make us faster.

Gonna wait to see if this knocks some other dominoes over before deciding if I like this deal or not, but don't get a good first impression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad