Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers to 3y/3m Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If they were going to 3 years I wanted a bit under 3m but I won't niggle. He formed a great pairing with Soucy, is aging extremely well, and wants to be in Vancouver. Big part of the culture. Keeps Tocchet happy.

Indeed. The market for right side defenders is also going to be divided between A) Way too expensive, or B) Hot garbage. Getting Myers at a relative bargain at $3M per year is solid work - and it represents him taking a 50% paycut to stay somewhere he wants to be, too.

I'd have prefer 2x3, or a little under 3M per year for 3 years, but that's splitting hairs. He and Soucy are a good pair.

I get the sense, though, that Myers coming back may mean Zadorov is gone.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
As others have said its higher than I wanted, but not totally unreasonable either. That gives us like 15 million to sign a forward, another defenseman, and a backup goalie. Makes Zadorov and Guentzel very unlikely unless Zadorov goes on the lower end of estimates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad