Canucks quietly have the deepest forward group in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I can’t really find any other team aside from St Louis and Colorado that has a more well rounded, balanced and potential threat line up than the Canucks.

Miller, Pettersson, Horvat, that’s 90-100 goals alone down the middle. I don’t think there’s any team with that type of scoring punch down the middle. Not to mention Boeser having a down year last season due to family reasons. He’s easily good for 25 goals on the wing.

Then you have another 25, potential 30 goal scorer in Mikheyev, 50+ playmaker in Garland, Podkolzin who will definitely build from last season potting perhaps another 20-20-40pts. That’s not even mentioning Kuzmenko who could very well be another Panarin type player. Even Pearson is good for 35-40 points including 15-20+ goals.

Demko is a top 5 goaltender in the league, and there’s Hughes and OEL (albeit overpaid) are 2 elite defenseman who make their partners much better than they are (Schenn and Myers).

With the amount of team defense this team has with the additions of Lazar, Mikheyev, Joshua, and even Dickinson, having that hole on the right side is manageable. Canucks were top 5 in the league in fewest even strength goals allowed with that atrocious right side, in large part thanks to OEL and his brains. PK was the main issue on defense but that should be improved.

I just can’t really think of a more well balanced group, especially the forward group, with an average age of 25 years old.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Pacific division will see Vancouver finish bottom 3.
Edmonton
Calgary
Vegas
LA
Ducks
Vancouver
Seattle
SJS
This is how I see that division shaking out. Canucks have some good forwards and a good goalie. But they only have one legitimate top four D man.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Pacific division will see Vancouver finish bottom 3.
Edmonton
Calgary
Vegas
LA
Ducks
Vancouver
Seattle
SJS
This is how I see that division shaking out. Canucks have some good forwards and a good goalie. But they only have one legitimate top four D man.
Funny how you say they have 1 legit top 4 d and that’s the sole reason they would finish bottom 3 but then have the oilers at #1 who also only have 1 legit top 4 dman. It’s arguable if he’s even a legit top 4 dman if OEL isn’t even one.

Last edited:

Vakarte

May 30, 2022
The lineup could have many changes but ngl it looks deep

1659886073284.png

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Funny how you say they have 1 legit top 4 d and that’s the sole reason they would finish bottom 3 but then have the oilers at #1 who also only have 1 legit top 4 dman. It’s arguable he’s even a legit top 4 dman if OEL isn’t even one.
Just my opinion. I don the think Jim Benning had any clue how to build a team, and (even though there is new management) the club is still pretty much what he brought in, especially on D. Add to the poor D group the Miller drama and I see that Benning (created) club finishing 6th in the Pacific.

• Haha
Reactions: Honkybonk

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
when i look at the lineup, i see a nice balanced forward group... not a very scary/intimidating offensive group

alot will depend on what type of year Pod, Mikheyev and Kuz have it seems... there is potential this group actually has a successful season

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Someone is very optimistic and I'm hoping they are correct. Canucks did play really well under Bouds last season and largely bring back same team with better PK players. Could go either way honestly looking forward to season.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Am I missing something? They were 18th in goals last year and only added Mikheyev and Lazar. I don't really think they could be considered the deepest. I suppose it's a fairly balanced forward lineup? Is that what OP means?
Kuzmenko as well.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I can’t really find any other team aside from St Louis and Colorado that has a more well rounded, balanced and potential threat line up than the Canucks.

Miller, Pettersson, Horvat, that’s 90-100 goals alone down the middle. I don’t think there’s any team with that type of scoring punch down the middle. Not to mention Boeser having a down year last season due to family reasons. He’s easily good for 25 goals on the wing.

Then you have another 25, potential 30 goal scorer in Mikheyev, 50+ playmaker in Garland, Podkolzin who will definitely build from last season potting perhaps another 20-20-40pts. That’s not even mentioning Kuzmenko who could very well be another Panarin type player. Even Pearson is good for 35-40 points including 15-20+ goals.

Demko is a top 5 goaltender in the league, and there’s Hughes and OEL (albeit overpaid) are 2 elite defenseman who make their partners much better than they are (Schenn and Myers).

With the amount of team defense this team has with the additions of Lazar, Mikheyev, Joshua, and even Dickinson, having that hole on the right side is manageable. Canucks were top 5 in the league in fewest even strength goals allowed with that atrocious right side, in large part thanks to OEL and his brains. PK was the main issue on defense but that should be improved.

I just can’t really think of a more well balanced group, especially the forward group, with an average age of 25 years old.

"Miller, Pettersson, Horvat, that’s 90-100 goals alone down the middle. I don’t think there’s any team with that type of scoring punch down the middle."
- Leafs had 110+ goals from their Centres last season.

"Not to mention Boeser having a down year last season due to family reasons. He’s easily good for 25 goals on the wing."
- Meh. Leafs had 35 goal Marner, and 34 goal Nylander on the wings. Many other teams have that too.

"Then you have another 25, potential 30 goal scorer in Mikheyev"
- LMAO at Mikheyev getting anywhere close to 30 goals. Too funny.

"Demko is a top 5 goaltender in the league"
- He's a good one, but Shesterkin, Vasilevsky, Sorokin, Saros, Markstrom, Andersen, Jarry are all better.

"and there’s Hughes and OEL (albeit overpaid) are 2 elite defenseman who make their partners much better than they are"
- LOL @ calling OEL ELITE.

You might need to calm down.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Penguins got 70 goals from their top 3 centers despite a combined 62 man-games lost. Leafs got 87 from their top 2 centers. Don’t think Vancouver’s depth is special. Even the Wild’s weak center depth got them 75 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad