Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Urge to Frenzy…fading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I like Pettersson as the best fit. Particularly because he's a PK fit and he's a taller player (a preference for them).

Outside shots to Shea Theodore and Adam Larsson, who are set to be UFA after this season.

On Canucks Talk they were talking about the Zadorov bet the team is making. Essentially, they probably could have re-signed Zadorov and a league min~ 6RHD. Instead, they signed Forbort, Desharnais and have 3.8m~ in cap. If they misuse that cap, then re-signing Zadorov would have been a better bet. Getting Pettersson and Desharnais surpasses the utility of Zadorov imo.
Pettersson is better than Zadorov and I don’t think it’s close.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I like Pettersson as the best fit. Particularly because he's a PK fit and he's a taller player (a preference for them).

Outside shots to Shea Theodore and Adam Larsson, who are set to be UFA after this season.

On Canucks Talk they were talking about the Zadorov bet the team is making. Essentially, they probably could have re-signed Zadorov and a league min~ 6RHD. Instead, they signed Forbort, Desharnais and have 3.8m~ in cap. If they misuse that cap, then re-signing Zadorov would have been a better bet. Getting Pettersson and Desharnais surpasses the utility of Zadorov imo.
that's a one year outcome analysis of a decision that would have had ramifications for 6 years.

pretty normal for hockey, but not a good way to run a railroad.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i remain skeptical they are going to lay out hard assets for rentals again. it's not sustainable for a team lacking in assets that is only entering its window. they are not sexy enough yet to attract big signings when the cupboard is bare.

so i think they are going to look for longterm add opportunities. i'd be looking for them to target someone with some rfa years left about where markus pettersson was when rutherford acquired him. that was a great hockey trade.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
They can sign him and remain under LTIR heading into the season since they're carrying a full roster. Really the only way they put Poolman on LTIR is if they find a UFA or a trade that would take them over. As it stands, they can enter the season under with Silovs at ~$1M pretty easily.
What's the most that Silovs could get while the team remains under the limit?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
What's the most that Silovs could get while the team remains under the limit?

A shade over $1M. They have around $240k space, so that would be about the approx. difference between Silovs and Patera’s salary at that rate. You’d probably waive Friedman or PDG to make room. Probably gives you almost exactly the space you need to carry Poolman’s $2.5M salary into the season.

You could also waive Aman and Juulsen if you wanted more space, but I don’t expect they’d need to do that unless they wanted to do something else.

Reactions: Lindgren

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
This would cost an exorbitant amount of assets that we currently don't have. His value is higher than Tom Willander. I don't really get why people are even bringing him up - what reason would Columbus have to moving off of Jiricek?
The only way a trade happens is if the player demands it (which i wouldn't totally rule out if he doesn't get more opportunity next season). He finished his season in the AHL on a higher note and the team is cutting ties with Boqvist, so PP2 needs a QB; he'll certainly get a long look in that spot. I suspect new management has done enough to smooth over the relationship after a very contentious year. That said, I don't think his value is higher than Willander's and based on things the player complained about last year, he probably wouldn't be a good fit in Vancouver anyway.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
A shade over $1M. They have around $240k space, so that would be about the approx. difference between Silovs and Patera’s salary at that rate. You’d probably waive Friedman or PDG to make room. Probably gives you almost exactly the space you need to carry Poolman’s $2.5M salary into the season.

You could also waive Aman and Juulsen if you wanted more space, but I don’t expect they’d need to do that unless they wanted to do something else.
That's roughly what I had understood. Are you assuming, then, that Silovs isn't asking for a shade over a shade over $1M? Because if he is (unless I'm still not understanding), we both think that such a contract would require the Canucks to use LTIR.

Reactions: TruGr1t

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
That's roughly what I had understood. Are you assuming, then, that Silovs isn't asking for a shade over a shade over $1M? Because if he is (unless I'm still not understanding), we both think that such a contract would require the Canucks to use LTIR.

Yes I’d assume this may be one reason he isn’t signed, but also I don’t see why you’d pay him anything over $1M AAV short-term even with the playoffs.

Reactions: Lindgren

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
is there a chance silovs and his agent are playing hardball after his playoff run?

that’s what i suspected when it leaked that allvin was looking into a veteran backup and then everybody started freaking out that there was something wrong with demko’s recovery. i just figured they were letting silovs know he could spend the year developing in abby if he wants.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
is there a chance silovs and his agent are playing hardball after his playoff run?

that’s what i suspected when it leaked that allvin was looking into a veteran backup and then everybody started freaking out that there was something wrong with demko’s recovery. i just figured they were letting silovs know he could spend the year developing in abby if he wants.
Ha. A 10 game stretch and you want to hit a home run? Byeeeeee.

Reactions: MS

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

I thought it might be that, but there's 102 unsigned RFAs right now, hardly a unique situation.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The problem is that they rebuilt but didn't get any luck with drafting elite talent, and the rebuild just kept stretching on and on. If they'd won a couple of draft lotteries we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Yes that's where it really fell apart for Detroit. A lot of years drafting 6-9th with one massive miss that would've completely reversed our two teams fortunes, if they took Hughes over Zadina.

Overall I'm not really over critical of Yzerman as GM, but the fans on the other hand with the whole "Yzerplan" thing just makes me cringe inside a little. You can't just take a GM from one successful situation and declare who's going to deploy the same plan/model to create the same success on a different team. In reality things are a bit more like poker and what counts is how the GM plays the hand their dealt.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I was also perusing and was surprised Will Borgen was a UFA. Maybe he is pals with Soucy? 😂

Shea Theodore is the dream though. Hopefully he has a hunger for home cooking.

i remain skeptical they are going to lay out hard assets for rentals again.
lol this is Rutherford, he doesn't give a shit. He'll spend-spend-spend when it's time to contend and then sell-sell-sell when it's time to rebuild.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This would cost an exorbitant amount of assets that we currently don't have. His value is higher than Tom Willander. I don't really get why people are even bringing him up - what reason would Columbus have to moving off of Jiricek?
player comes into the nhl unproven.

Lights it up in the ahl.

He’s proven he deserves a chance at the nhl which Columbus gives him a chance.

Not seeing the success he had in the AHL he says he deserves to be on the number 1 PP play unit?

these are already red flags as hell. this guys is entitled.
Whoa. This would be significant if he’s left - he’s been with the organization since the 1994/1995 season. And a big part of our scouting team in that time.
the Purge has begun, from Cibisov to Gradin.

lol this is Rutherford, he doesn't give a shit.
I dont think hes in charge in those things anymore. Its alvin doing the talking,
Maybe he's ready to really retire? He's 68.
not surprised. travelling is quite hard for someone that old. especially since his job is all about travelling, going on plane rides, going on train rides, CATCHING trains, late night travels, might start to get extremely difficult for a guy of that age. LIke my father in law already cant stand too long of plane rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad