Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] D Yegor Zamula re-signs with the Flyers (2 years, $1.7M AAV)

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I've never heard of him, scout report?
Zamula got better as the season went on and finished with a career high 21 points with a little over 16 minutes average time on ice from last season.

NHLSF
SCOUTING REPORT:
The lanky Russian defenseman has excellent on-ice vision that should only get better as he approaches his prime. He is a smooth skater who is confident with the puck; he put up good offensive numbers in junior hockey. However, he will have to add strength to become an NHL regular, as well as learn from the mistakes that all young defensemen make.

Long Range Potential: Raw, athletic all-around defenseman with some upside.
————————
PHG from Dec.2023
Tall - Rangy - 2-way / Leaning Defensive 'D'
Light for his stature. Not physical. Uses his long reach to interrupt plays.
Moves fine. Not a burner, but certainly not slow.
Low risk with the puck on his stick. Directs the play on goal at times in the offensive zone but he's not an NHL play maker offensively.
Averages around 15:00 TOI. Clean up duty on special teams.
No flash to his game overall.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I've never heard of him, scout report?

A #6/7 dman on a mediocre Flyers Dgroup, he’s got some puck poise and was good on the PP last year.

But will need to improve overall if he’s gonna be a regular nhl player.

I think a part of this deal is for him to court Michkov and show him the ropes in NA. Zamula speaks both Russian and English and is a pretty outgoing/easy guy and obviously knows the city and organization.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad