Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Assuming no other moves (aside from goalie signing), the Canucks will likely look to move Poolman so they can accumulate cap space throughout the season.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Looks like carrier and walker went off the board.

I never minded Vinny when I watched oilers games, seemed the nurse ceci pairing was the problem.

But it's for sure a big defense that tocchet is obsessed with.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Would have done that Walker deal in a heartbeat over Vinny.

Not a real great off season. This team is worse off so far.

Yeah we’ll just never know if players like Walker would have considered Vancouver or Canada for that matter. Would have taken Roy or Walker at their deals but so would have like 8-10 other teams that also lost out.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Better forward depth this year but at the expense of the defense. A Soucy-Myers and Forbort - Dashernais is an ugly bottom four that will have issues moving the puck up in transition. Best we can hope for is that our system props theses guys up.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Every move today was about being bullish to play against. Each player is a hitter or hard to play against. I did not say mobile, but all PK good, and snarly more over. Seems team overall role out 4 lines and be hard to play against. Our speed could be better but we can wear down teams.

Worse or better depends, I assume management is saying we have a window, we won't be pac div leaders this year, so lets invest on a team that can play hard all year. The Jake contract will be fine in 2 to 3 years when the cap is up another 6 million.... and we know they have liked jake for a while now. I think this Jake G talk was a smoke screen.... they took Jake D as a boeser light option.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Better forward depth this year but at the expense of the defense. A Soucy-Myers and Forbort - Dashernais is an ugly bottom four that will have issues moving the puck up in transition. Best we can hope for is that our system props theses guys up.

I’m not sure how exactly you’d upgrade Soucy-Myers on the second pair and do anything material to the top six. They were our second pair for the better part of last year.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Assuming no other moves (aside from goalie signing), the Canucks will likely look to move Poolman so they can accumulate cap space throughout the season.
They already can after dropping one of the extra forwards down to the AHL. They’re about 250-500k under the cap with a 23 man roster.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We lost Lindholm and Zadarov, and gained Desharnais, Heinen, Sherwood, Forbort and Debrusk.

For the same cap hit.

We lost Kuzmenko, two prospects, a first, a second, a third, a fourth, and a fifth round picks to acquire these rentals, not to mention paying another second to dump Mikheyev. I know we traded for rentals, and I haven't got a problem there, but the price we paid for these two rentals starkly contrasts to their replacements to me.

I got a number of replies blasting my last post, but I feel we have downgraded significantly here.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Every move today was about being bullish to play against. Each player is a hitter or hard to play against. I did not say mobile, but all PK good, and snarly more over. Seems team overall role out 4 lines and be hard to play against. Our speed could be better but we can wear down teams.

Worse or better depends, I assume management is saying we have a window, we won't be pac div leaders this year, so let’s invest on a team that can play hard all year. The Jake contract will be fine in 2 to 3 years when the cap is up another 6 million.... and we know they have liked jake for a while now. I think this Jake G talk was a smoke screen.... they took Jake D as a boeser light option.
It’s also about keeping the term short aside from DeBrusk to prepare for OEL’s big penalty in 2 years

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I think managements approach is now playing moneyball. Hoping and praying depth guys like Desharnais and Forbert and turn into reliable bottom pairing guys.

Also maybe hoping Heinen and Debrusk can have an explosive campaign.

Our blueline is absolutely going to bleed scoring chances. We are back to where we were in 2019 when we had utter shit behind Hughes, Edler and Tanev.

Fully believe any hopes are going to hedge on Demko having a spectacular and healthy campaign.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
We lost Lindholm and Zadarov, and gained Desharnais, Heinen, Sherwood, Forbort and Debrusk.

For the same cap hit.

We lost Kuzmenko, two prospects, a first, a second, a third, a fourth, and a fifth round picks to acquire these rentals, not to mention paying another second to dump Mikheyev. I know we traded for rentals, and I haven't got a problem there, but the price we paid for these two rentals starkly contrasts to their replacements to me.

I got a number of replies blasting my last post, but I feel we have downgraded significantly here.
I think we are a bit worse compare to the team in April

But, the playoffs doesn’t start until next april

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad