Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
I love Juulsen but I don't think we can have him as our 6th defenseman. If these rumors of Tanev, Zadorov, etc are true Allvin needs to be cooking something up.

Lackhalak

May 26, 2017
Getting Petey a running mate for the long-term should be this team's #1 priority. Whether that happens this summer, or during the season, remains to be seen. I would rather them go for a short, stop-gap UFA solution (max 3 years, tradable contract) for now than a "not elite but might be good enough" kinda guy on a 3+ year contract. The team will still be competitive while they wait.

If they need to bide their time and wait to see how the first half of the season shakes out, then trade for someone like Buchnevich, I think that would be much better than just panic-signing someone who isn't the right fit to a long-term deal.
Agreed with going short term for his running mate because I hope it's Lekkerimaki long term

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
This off season is really going to determine if we call Tanev dad or not moving forward.

If he actually does love this team, and tried forcing Calgary to trade him here at the TDL (while being Quinn's bffl), he's going to sign here.

If he doesn't, oh well... he can join the long list of ex canucks who we will forget about. Your move 'dad'

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
If Skinner's looking for a 1-yr show-me deal to bounce back, running shotgun next to Pettersson has to be one of the most enticing assignments in the league.

If we strike out on the big names, I wonder if they'll go for guys willing to get squeezed short-term by a playoff team like Pius Suter last year. Gives flexibility for in-season moves and a play next year for guys like Marner. Though with the rising cap it feels like everybody's got some space.

Not sure what's going on with CBJ and Laine's bill of health, but there's a demon in my ear tempting me relentlessly.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
I would easily go something like 7 years, $5.75M for Matt Roy (something like $40M total). But yeah, I don't see him coming to Canada.
As the best RHD in FA, he gets to write his own check. There’s just too much competition for him imo.

As much as we’re all desperate to build upon what we had last year, I think we have to accept that we might largely run it back, minus adding a top 6 fwd for Pete.

Can’t be desperate and overpay for non-ideal fits. We can always upgrade when things present themselves into the season.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
If Skinner's looking for a 1-yr show-me deal to bounce back, running shotgun next to Pettersson has to be one of the most enticing assignments in the league.

If we strike out on the big names, I wonder if they'll go for guys willing to get squeezed short-term by a playoff team like Pius Suter last year. Gives flexibility for in-season moves and a play next year for guys like Marner. Though with the rising cap it feels like everybody's got some space.

Not sure what's going on with CBJ and Laine's bill of health, but there's a demon in my ear tempting me relentlessly.

I'd take a chance on Laine. Nearly PPG in the two years prior to last year.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver

Tocchet would hate Skinner. No idea what CBJ wants in a Laine trade.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'll give you a package.
1719713812647.png

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Tocchet would hate Skinner. No idea what CBJ wants in a Laine trade.
Skinner's fit is dubious, and next to Bedard should probably be his ideal, but the dude has also never played a playoff game. For cheap, it'd be worth a shot and we've got three lines to try if we're willing to try Joshua in a bigger role.

CBJ is probably looking at a hockey trade but taking any majority of that salary is doing them a favour. 2 years seems like the perfect risk/opportunity though.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
He believes he can play until he’s 36 or 37 at a high level.

He also believes he has more to his game and he’s a better player than most think

Is he Peter Pan lol? He's delusional. :laugh: If only it was that easy. He doesn't even play at a high level now.

• Haha
Reactions: Tact

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
As the best RHD in FA, he gets to write his own check. There’s just too much competition for him imo.

As much as we’re all desperate to build upon what we had last year, I think we have to accept that we might largely run it back, minus adding a top 6 fwd for Pete.

Can’t be desperate and overpay for non-ideal fits. We can always upgrade when things present themselves into the season.

I bet he gets approx. $1M more AAV than Zadorov so $6.5M+ on term. Oilers are already reportedly set to offer him $6M+ but that’s to go to Edmonton.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I bet he gets approx. $1M more AAV than Zadorov so $6.5M+ on term. Oilers are already reportedly set to offer him $6M+ but that’s to go to Edmonton.
Oilers? They barely have any cap space and half the team are UFAs. Nurse and Ceci are staying, McDavid likes them. Nurse is one of McDavid's groomsmen this summer (I believe) and Friedge has stated multiple times that "the players" vouched for Ceci when he was in trade rumours earlier this year/last year. McDavid, Draisaitl & co. run that entire organization.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad