Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Tier 1: Reinhart, Guentzel
Tier 2: Lindholm, Marchessault, Stamkos, Kane, Pavelski, Teravainen, Toffoli
Tier 3: Duchene, Bertuzzi, Stephensen, DeBrusk, Druin, Domi, Monohan, Duclair, Perron, Zucker

Reactions: David71

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah, there were a lot of just, non-NHL players on that team last year, and Walman/Goodrow/Dellandrea/Grundstrom aren't flashy but they're veteran guys who know how to play systems and defense. Just with those moves (and there will probably be more) they've probably lopped a half a goal against/game off last season.
yes and Will Smith and Celebrini are gonna be fun to watch and give them a tremndous 1-2 C ice punch if they both end up where i think they will.

Grundstrom was a guy i thought we might pick up did seem he was on his way out of LA. Solid 4LW if you ask me with some 3rd line potential still.

Another Swede out there that may become available is Isac Lundestrom. Would be all over that if Anaheim doesn't qualify him. They probably will but with Nathan Gaucher primed for a 4C role and a lot of Cs on that roster maybe not

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Duclair and Duhaime would be two speedy candidates for us. Good fast middle 6 scorer and bottom 6 grinders for cheap would be ideal. Management will be in the business of signing cheap contracts with surplus value potential.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Allvin and Rutherford both mentioned adding speed to the top-6.

Joshua is slow and he could get top6 ice.

Guentzel isn't a burner either. Good accelerator, middling top end speed.

Toffoli, the other rumoured target is slow, but has skill beyond all but 3 forwards on this team.

They just traded what was likely to be their fastest player next year in Mikheyev.

The math is not mathing.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If they strike out on Guentzel (and maybe Reinhart) I wonder if they go after Ehlers. Hoglander might be an attractive piece to build around since Winnipeg is in win now mode and Ehlers only has one year left.

He’d be a good option but probably starts with 2025 1st rounder.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Joshua is slow and he could get top6 ice.

Guentzel isn't a burner either. Good accelerator, middling top end speed.

Toffoli, the other rumoured target is slow, but has skill beyond all but 3 forwards on this team.

They just traded what was likely to be their fastest player next year in Mikheyev.

The math is not mathing.

Because you are willfully misunderstanding the math but that's fine. We all have our blind spots.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
yes and Will Smith and Celebrini are gonna be fun to watch and give them a tremndous 1-2 C ice punch if they both end up where i think they will.

Grundstrom was a guy i thought we might pick up did seem he was on his way out of LA. Solid 4LW if you ask me with some 3rd line potential still.

Another Swede out there that may become available is Isac Lundestrom. Would be all over that if Anaheim doesn't qualify him. They probably will but with Nathan Gaucher primed for a 4C role and a lot of Cs on that roster maybe not

Smith is a massive talent with some Patrick Kane-ish qualities but like Kane I'll be surprised if he sticks at C in the NHL. No compete level defensively and blows the zone at the first opportunity, every time.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
if my math is correct,

hog petey [x]
suter miller boeser
joshua blueger garland
pod aman pdg
two ELCs ($1.8)

hughes hronek
zadorov tanev (combined $9m)
soucy juulsen/friedman
juulsen/friedman

demko
silovs ($1m)

mikh retention, OEL buyout

after poolman goes on LTIR this leaves roughly $5.7m to fill the top line hole. does this sound right? or am i carrying too many guys on the roster?

[edit: fixed]

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Do they think Silovs is going to be offer-sheeted?

Are they planning on using him as a trade chip?

Are they just trying to put pressure on him to sign?

Weirdness. I think almost all of us had assumed that Silovs would be signed and go straight into the backup role.

As Dhali said, worst case is they aren’t confident in Demko’s rehab and health heading into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad