Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I'm wondering if they are nervous about a possible Silovs offer-sheet and they can get DeSmith for very cheap.

Or they trade Silovs at a price higher than you'd expect because they trust Tolopilo will actually be ready pretty soon as well. They love Tolopilo and he was better than Silovs in the AHL last season.
that's ballsy.

i don't think you do that without trading a goalie.

or they're trying to scare silovs camp, they've done it before.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I'm wondering if they are nervous about a possible Silovs offer-sheet and they can get DeSmith for very cheap.

Or they trade Silovs at a price higher than you'd expect because they trust Tolopilo will actually be ready pretty soon as well. They love Tolopilo and he was better than Silovs in the AHL last season.
Maybe with news Sawchenko is moving on, they need another goalie in Abby and just want Silovs to be the #1 for another year?

Mgmt likely prioritizes depth and bringing back DeSmith for cheap makes sense in that regard.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I still have not grasped the fact we have a (very) competent mgmt team.

Weird feeling.

I think that's most people. I wasn't worried that they wouldn't get anything done. I'm still concerned what the back-up plan for Guentzel is. Regardless, they get shit done at an alarmingly decisive rate in the last two seasons. There's first half-season and off-season were very quiet. Didn't buy themselves any benefit of the doubt. Since starting with the OEL buyout, and in hindsight the previous TDL, it's been a masterclass at creating a contention window.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Just played around with the roster on Capfriendly (going to miss that website!), if we sign either Reinhard or Guentzel at $9.5m x 7, we can dress a roster like this and be very tight to the cap.
1719511113119.png

Or, we can sign a cheaper UFA for Petey's line and have lots of flexibility. Say swap out Reinhard for DeBrusk for $6.5m, then we will have over $3m in cap space and we can acquire a high cap hit player at the trade deadline.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

As I said the other day, I feel/felt like the Canucks would target somebody to push Silovs for the backup gig in Vancouver. Someone around the $1M mark who could be the starter in Abbotsford, but have some NHL experience so they could come up if needed and fill in with Demko/Silovs in Vancouver.

Didn't/don't think DeSmith would be very happy with that sort of role - he's an NHL caliber backup who could probably get guranteed NHL playing time somewhere.

Reactions: Nucker101 and Peen

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
that's ballsy.

i don't think you do that without trading a goalie.

Yeah, I have no idea what their machinations are. It's most likely just a way to put pressure on Silovs and make sure they have something in their back pocket in-case he signs an offer-sheet. It would be interesting to know if they have an offer on the table. I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved at the draft if they don't come to an agreement, though.

Maybe with news Sawchenko is moving on, they need another goalie in Abby and just want Silovs to be the #1 for another year?

Mgmt likely prioritizes depth and bringing back DeSmith for cheap makes sense in that regard.

Tolopilo and Silovs shared the net last year. Silovs was the presumptive starter and Tolopilo was going to rotate with Sawchenko but Tolopilo was so good they abandoned that plan immediately. They'll have a veteran down there with Tolopilo whether that's Silovs or someone else, we'll have to wait and see.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
the more i think about it, re-engaging for DeSmith feels like a negotiating tactic to put pressure on Silovs camp.

Silovs is on the cusp of something, of course, but trying to do it in a whole other goalie support system will be intimidating.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Canucks shouldn’t move the needle much on where they were before on big Z, hopefully a small bump over 5M gets the deal done, but have to stay prudent and draw the line, if he signs great, if not look for a replacement

I love this position by the team with regards to Zadorov. Draw the line. If he takes it, fine. If not, let him walk.

My concern was that they would up their offer once Mikheyev had moved

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Holland & Oilers:
-was expected
-met with the players and some staff yesterday and informed them that he didn't plan on coming back
-everyone knew he was leaving
-players really like him
-thinks the Oilers will look outside the organization for the nexy GM
-Oilers ended their GM search during the SCF
-will go through the draft and free agency without a GM
-preference is someone with experience

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please!!!!
benning-jim-160624-1180.jpg

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
One thing that's seemed consistent with a majority of Allvin's signings is how he's able to seemingly convince guys to take a small haircut on what they're projected to make. Pettersson signed for a little less, Hronek signed for a little less, Blueger signed for a little less.
And he does it again!!

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City

That's the MO of this management group. Petey to Carolina. Zadorov trade rumours before the deadline trying to get him to sign.

Short term it works, but eventually bluffing will catch up to you

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Holland & Oilers:
-was expected
-met with the players and some staff yesterday and informed them that he didn't plan on coming back
-players really like him

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please!!!!
Oh God, no. I hated calgary the most and yet i still don't wish Benning on them. That's almost inhumane.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Holland & Oilers:
-was expected
-players really like him

benning for oilers GM

As I said in the other thread, he is from Edmonton.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Oh God, no. I hated calgary the most and yet i still don't wish Benning on them. That's almost inhumane.

I hear what you're saying, but hear me out too: they already had Chiarelli, so having Commando Dimbo as GM is really just Chiarelli with extra steps.
:thumbu:

Reactions: Flik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad