Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
if my math is correct,

hog petey [x]
suter miller boeser
joshua blueger garland
pod aman pdg
two ELCs ($1.8)

hughes hronek
zadorov hughes (combined $9m)
soucy juulsen/friedman
juulsen/friedman

demko
silovs ($1m)

mikh retention, OEL buyout

after poolman goes on LTIR this leaves roughly $5.7m to fill the top line hole. does this sound right? or am i carrying too many guys on the roster?
You have Hughes on there twice

Jett Woo will make the lineup and play next to Hughes

Woo Hughes!

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
Just so everyone is clear, I don't know a single Japanese person that actually says sayonara. They all just say "bye-bye".
Usually day to day you'd just say jya ne or mata ne which is like cya then, or cya later

Sayonara is more like "it's been nice knowing you, goodbye" which is pretty dramatic in its finality and you'd only use in certain situations like breaking up with someone...or dumping ilya mikheyev to chicago

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Yup. You got me. I'm the one that creates a narrative.

For this particular instance, yes. The Canucks may want speed, but they don't want speed at the expense of skill. Evidence: Joshua re-signing, Mikheyev exit, Toffoli and Guentzel rumours.

Over to you.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Do they think Silovs is going to be offer-sheeted?

Are they planning on using him as a trade chip?

Are they just trying to put pressure on him to sign?

Weirdness. I think almost all of us had assumed that Silovs would be signed and go straight into the backup role.

I wonder if management has zero trust in Demko staying healthy. It's to the point where you question if he can handle a 50 game + playoff workload with all the lower body injuries.

Demko is signed to a very reasonable rate but the fear you have is him getting LTIRed and having no backup plan.

Silovs looked impressive at times but there's a lot of uncertainty to how he would fair with a heavier workload.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
I'd love to see EP2.0 get at least a few games with the big club this season. Every time I see him I'm impressed by his poise and physicality.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'd love to see EP2.0 get at least a few games with the big club this season. Every time I see him I'm impressed by his poise and physicality.
I don't know if we can handle two players on the ice with the same name though.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Thirst line is back for the next two years at least.

Guenztel - Miller - Boeser

Lekkerimaki - Pettersson - Toffoli

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Just imagine rolling into the season with that top nine. Need Zadorov to come in around $4-4.5 million per now, and Willander to compete for a bottom pairing role on an ELC.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There’s a very good argument to be made in favor of going for league minimum blue liners (no dillon/myers) and using your cap space towards a backup given Silovs’ waiver eligibility & Demko’s inability to stay healthy

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
To be clear, I'd be fine with Toffoli as a 'plan B' at 1 year/$4 million or something.

But Toffoli is not going to get 1 year. Or $4 million. He's going to get the Eriksson/Backes special and it's going to be a bad contract for whoever signs him.

What if he gets $4.5m by 3 years?

We are actually closer on the threshold by which Toffoli works, but our disagreement is the all or nothing evaluation due to playstyle. That is something I cannot agree with.

Edit: It's the same with Joshua. He got $25k more than the number I was projecting, but before he got it, his expected AAV was $4m+.

I think the Canucks are looking at Toffoli as a $4.5m AAV solution. Not a $6m AAV solution.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

We are actually closer on the threshold by which Toffoli works, but our disagreement is the all or nothing evaluation due to playstyle. That is something I cannot agree with.

Edit: It's the same with Joshua. He got $25k more than the number I was projecting, but before he got it, his expected AAV was $4m+.

I think the Canucks are looking at Toffoli as a $4.5m AAV solution. Not a $6m AAV solution.

I would line it up for the OEL buyout and no longer.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So far the Canucks are the only ones posting the signings, none of these insiders have any idea whats going on, no one getting the scoop early.

The only one that came out before it was official was the Mikheyev trade and that was an exhausted Friedman (turns out his flight was delayed 4 hours) confusingly tweeting out that Mikheyev was being traded to the Blackhawks. Then Seravalli figured out the return. Then it got weird when another offer was on the board.

THEN after the dust settled Friedman wrote a short article and within that was saying the Canucks reached out to Joshua again. Only for him to throw cold water on that this morning.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I don't think he's getting less than $5 and I don't want to give him 3 years.

His skating looked awful last year. I'd rather do a 1-year to Skinner then if those are the options.

Reactions: bossram and Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad