Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Tj Brodie if he is cheap could be an interesting Cole replacement can play both sides had a bad year but Sheldon Keefe played him way too much and and wheels fell off at the end.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Plan B or C:
Still on board on paying zadorov a bit more than what they offer to get him back especially if they lose out on guentzel. Also sign someone like tanev.

Hughes - hronek
Zadorov - tanev
Soucy - myers

Is very good defense in front of demko. You can switch up the pairings as you like

A bit cap space left to sign depth. To get top 6, they might have to get via trade and lose assets in this scenario

Reactions: theguardianII

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
If the Canucks want to do serious spending - they would have to trade Garland for cap.

Otherwise, they’re gonna be tight as to what they can offer UFA’s and compete against the US Markets.

My prediction is they sign Tanev but strike out on Guentzel. If they somehow bring back Toffoli and re-sign Cole - it isn’t that bad.

Maybe theres money to sign Henrique or another 3rd line center if they strike on out Guentzel?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm still bummed about Marino, he was cheap to acquire and a great age/contract/fit/familiarity. A bit shocked we didn't end up with him seemed too obvious.

Tanev has to be coming back and Cole for the bottom pair would be decent.
Maybe Utah and more teams are really willing to overpay Zadorov..

Reactions: PavelBure10

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Pretty funny to see all the casual on Twitter and a few on here full on panicking saying we’re running the exact same team back. It’s not even June 30th, let alone July 1st.

Not a single free agent has been signed before the market opens, the only place where we can really make a splash because we have zero extra trade assets. It's insane.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Should have expected a few here to be this off the handle...

The other thing people seem to forget is even after FA, this team won't be at its final form. Really we just need to be good enough to make the playoffs, and then we can continue to add as the season goes on.

• Love
Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Actually Zadorov is/was right around 5 mil, it was term he wanted because his family liked it here. After this FA season that will be cheap especially in 3 years.

Melvin will not be a Tocchet player. They should have drafted a knuckle dragger.

I expect to see some blow out trades, as it stands now they are not as good as last year and some of these teams they rag dolled last year have made some strides in their trades. Geez I hope this isn't a repeat of 2015 then 2016. I doubt very much they sweep Edmonton next year.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Cole in sheltered minutes on the bottom pairing with Myers is....fine. He had a bad/unlucky playoffs.

But we would definitely need a higher end dman as well for the right hand side. We don't want to be relying on Myers in the 4 spot and Juulsen at the 6.

Still lots of options available for forward help, and Guentzel is still out there. All reports have suggested that JG and Tanev have always been and remain their top priorities.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I would avoid giving any kind of term to Stephenson or Toffoli given their age and the seasons they just had.

UFAs I would give term to: Guentzel, Reinhart, Marchessault, DeBrusk, Amadio, Heinen. That's basically it - maybe I could be talked into Teravainen.

agreed completely - if we strike out on guentzel or if he's above $9.5M per year - i'd rather shoot for all three of those guys and/or move a surplus asset (hoglander) for a cost controlled guy like buchnevich as the star winger to complement petey.

suter - miller - boeser
buchnevich - pettersson - pod
joshua - blueger - garland
pdg - amadio - heinen

that's a deep, deep roster with a good blend of everything and guys that can move up and down the lineup as needed.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Pretty funny to see all the casuals on Twitter and a few on here full on panicking saying we’re running the exact same team back. It’s not even June 30th, let alone July 1st.
That team had room for improvement just from EP and BB. They were still working out chemistry but the "room" was good.
Dillion for around 4.5 mil. now.

Can someone explain what DeBrusk changed over the last 24-36 months since he was discussed as being offered for Virtanen
His dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay