Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Not a great day to be a Canucks fan. Looks like Tampa is now in on Guentzel and are clearing cap for a reason. And Marino gone

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
It is but I'm surprised they gave up more for Marino than the Devils originally did.
Curious how Smith was valued at the time.
Canucks can add an equivalent defenseman in free agency.
Probably, but not at younger guy at that price. Roy will cost a lot more and they will be taking on more risk of decline with a guy like Tanev.

Just waiting for the announcement that TB has done a sign and trade for Guentzel at this stage.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Running it back but as of right now they are weaker team without zadorov and lindholm. Itd be hard to defeat the oilers in a 7 game rematch even with demko. Other teams will look to upgrade as well.

Alllvin better hit a home run and have good back up plan in case guentzel signs somewhere else. Work your magic ALL v IN

Reactions: PavelBure10

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I'm

Gonna say it's around maybe a B- for now

Joshua Blueger extensions are good, Mik trade good.

Too bad we lost Zad and Lindholm. But can be mitigated if we can land JG, though it's looking rather dciey.

Well, we shall see I guess.
LA getting bigger at forward.
Canucks getting smaller at defence
Allvin -
1719677596577.png

Marino gone, Tanev going, Guentzel not coming, Toffoli ....Group C picks?:facepalm: Dillion for 5 mil?

5'11" now considered small, 6' smallish. Teams loading up on big defence, Vancouver moving in the other direction.

Guess where Zadorov is going? Tampa? and a cup?

Maybe still a blockbuster trade to come for the Canucks.🤞👍

Last edited:

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I'm

Gonna say it's around maybe a B- for now

Joshua Blueger extensions are good, Mik trade good.

Too bad we lost Zad and Lindholm. But can be mitigated if we can land JG, though it's looking rather dciey.

Well, we shall see I guess.

It's foolish to evaluate the Canucks off-season while they have this much cap space.

But Canucks clearly do not have assets to be players in the trade market - and I don't blame management for that.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's foolish to evaluate the Canucks off-season while they have this much cap space.

But Canucks clearly do not have assets to be players in the trade market - and I don't blame management for that.

Two weeks ago a good chunk of the fanbase were freaking out because they had no one signed. Fast forward a bit and they have the team returning with ample cap space. They're in a good position but people are still freaking out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay