Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This Guentzel situation is so interesting, I feel he is still going to go to market, he Knows for sure Canucks gonna come in with a massive 9.5m offer, no doubt.

So does he wanna stay in the states and play for Carolina, play somewhere in the states for cheaper like dallas, or go to canada and play for Vancouver for a massive deal.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
This Guentzel situation is so interesting, I feel he is still going to go to market, he Knows for sure Canucks gonna come in with a massive 9.5m offer, no doubt.

So does he wanna stay in the states and play for Carolina, play somewhere in the states for cheaper like dallas, or go to canada and play for Vancouver for a massive deal.
the ball is in his court and agent

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Any math guys know the tax stuff between here and North Carolina? Guentzel is said to be good for 64 there over 8. What's that mean for over 7 here? Factor in tax and the 8th year we can't currently give.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
MY NEW MASTER PLAN LEADING UP TO AND AFTER FREE AGENCY:

PRIORITY #1 - TOP 6 SCORING STAR PLAYER: Jake Guentzel, Steven Stamkos, Sam Reinhart.
Sign a 4m Defender, Resign Silovs.

IF NONE ARE AVAILABLE: PLAN B:
Get TWO Top 6 "Good" Players: Jonathan Marchessault, Chandler Stephenson, Jake Debrusk, Tarasenko.

IF 3 OF THESE 4 are GONE
: PLAN C: (Panic Plan)
Go for Longshots and hope they stick, Fill Roster with a Ton of Depth across all positions.

Forwards in this Tier I like:
Jeff Skinner, Cam Atkinson, Anthony Mantha, Jason Zucker, Tyler Bertuzzi, Max Domi, Victor Arvidsson, Tolvanen

Defenders I like in this Tier: Chris Tanev, Matt Roy, Brett Pesce, Matt Grzelcyk, Brenden Dillon

IF YOU STILL CAN'T MAKE IT WORK: PLAN D:

TRADES!
TRADES!
TRADES!

Players I would target in trades: Barzel, Necas, Ehlers, Tuch, Buchnevich, Zegras, Farabee, Chychrun, marino

That's it for now. Enjoy!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Interesting indeed and if he doesn't come here I wonder what plan B is exactly.

We gotta give EP40 more than Hoglander and ? (at one time I thought Pods might be a top 6 guy now I think he is a 3rd line type of guy but Garland is blocking him from that spot and the hope we saw at the end of the 22 season seems like a distant memory now.

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
Something I don't understand is why Lindholm's rights haven't changed hands. Is it because Boston is such a shoo-in? I would've thought how barren the FA centre market is, we would've seen at least some demand for his rights.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Something I don't understand is why Lindholm's rights haven't changed hands. Is it because Boston is such a shoo-in? I would've thought how barren the FA centre market is, we would've seen at least some demand for his rights.
Rights barely get traded anymore. League wide tampering happens non stop. Why pay for the milk when you can get it for free.

Lindholm isn't interested in playing here and he thinks he is a top line center. I doubt the contract he signs will be much better than the 7x7 he was offered here. He will go to Boston who will soon realize that you can't win shit with Lindholm as your 1st line center.

Last edited:

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Because no one is willing to pay him what he wants except maybe Boston because they can accommodate a lesser player at 1C given the strength of their top wingers.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Stephenson and Arvidsson would be good pickups.
I really like Arvidsson. Great skater, fearless, high compete...he'd be a perfect fit stylistically. As long as he can pass a physical, Injury history is probably beneficial here as it should absolutely cap the term he'd otherwise be able to command. Great fit on PP1 and RW2. Only a year older the Guentzel. 3 years at $4.75MM is a lot more palatable (IMO) than 7 years of Guentzel at $9MM+.

Stephenson is a good player, but unless they're moving Pettersson or Miller to the wing, where does he fit?

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I think both would thrive in Tocchets system. If they signed them and Dillon and maybe a depth D, I'd be satisfied.

Hoglander - Pettersson - Arvidsson
Miller - Stephenson - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
PDG - Suter - Podkolzin

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Dillon - Juulsen

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Sat was saying a way the Canucks can beat a team like Canes is with signing bonus money.
I pretty much expect if the Canucks do get to make Guentzel an offer—it will have the maximum allowed front-loading and maximum amount signing bonuses/minimum actual salary. It will effectively be styled like a long-term Auston Matthews contract.

If the Rangers trade Trouba and free up enough cap-space, I imagine that will be Vancouver’s biggest competition for Guentzel.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I really like Arvidsson. Great skater, fearless, high compete...he'd be a perfect fit stylistically. As long as he can pass a physical, Injury history is probably beneficial here as it should absolutely cap the term he'd otherwise be able to command. Great fit on PP1 and RW2. Only a year older the Guentzel. 3 years at $4.75MM is a lot more palatable (IMO) than 7 years of Guentzel at $9MM+.

Stephenson is a good player, but unless they're moving Pettersson or Miller to the wing, where does he fit?
Just like Lindholm, I imagine Stephenson’s priority will be finding a team where he will clearly be given a top-six center role, and not a sometimes top-nine center/sometimes top-six winger role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad