Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I wonder how the offers are submitted to the players like Guentzel. Zoom call nowadays?
1719632483031.png

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
just silly off the cuff stuff but did you two know one another prior to this board? i'm linking the user info crap there like city and post count and join date

@PuckMunchkin has dealt with this line of questions over another user having his same location :laugh:

I don't even know that dude, honest. If he is who I think he is, we've ran in similar circles but just always seem to miss. And I didn't even sleuth him, it was a friend of mine that used to post on here. I have met a fair number of faces here IRL thru shinny, 5 of my HS friends used to post/lurk here still.

Reactions: LandfiII

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Ah too bad...

Well, now things will get a bit dicey. I hope we don't overpay tier 2 UFAs in panic mode...

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Ah too bad...

Well, now things will get a bit dicey. I hope we don't overpay tier 2 UFAs in panic mode...

This is from 10 hours ago and is based on the Friedman interview with Pat McAfee and a Fallout 1 NPC. Nothing has changed since then.

Reactions: valkynax

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
So, what would everyone here be comfortable with? Giving Carolina for the right to sign genticel 2 and 8 / 8 question mark

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Wise words of the vault dweller, yes.

Do you have "Good Natured"?

I always pick "Gifted", then either "Fast Shot" or "Bloody Mess".

Gifted is a must. Fast Shot if I’m going with a small arm pistol play through and want to take as many shot as possible. Otherwise I kind of just stick with Gifted. I haven’t played in a very long time, though.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
How exactly do sign and trades work in the NHL? The return would be higher than merely acquiring rights, so would our 2nd next year be enough or not enough? Getting Guentzel for 8 would be insane, I wouldn't even care with the albatross term at that AAV.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I tend to be awake at 5:30AM or so anyway, so I’ll have the Free Agent “Frenzy” queued up and ready to go.

It’s our wedding anniversary but we’re just staying home. Dropping the kids off at my parents as early as possible then heading right back home to follow along. Wife will do her thing during the day and we’ll probably grab something nice to eat in the late afternoon/early evening. Shaping up to be a fun day.

5:30am is not a time to me. I’m a night owl.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
How exactly do sign and trades work in the NHL? The return would be higher than merely acquiring rights, so would our 2nd next year be enough or not enough? Getting Guentzel for 8 would be insane, I wouldn't even care with the albatross term at that AAV.

There’s not really a precedent for the return of a pure sign and trade since it’s a pretty new thing. It’s probably around 3rd & 4th. The problem is Carolina tends to be very difficult to negotiate with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad