Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
SUPPRESSED ASSET AT A BELOW MARKET PRICE!

He's someone I'd be very interested in on a pairing with someone like Dillon. Adds a bit of puck moving and wouldn't be asked to be the #1 puckmover. Fits with the idea that they will roll with four #4 defenceman. Would then allow them to rest Dillon and Myers while still getting Friedman and Juulsen time.
Exactly. If (as speculated) the Devils wants Pesce, then they're just going to have to move Marino fast, coming off a down season. Perfect buy-low candidate.

Reactions: Caspian and Vector

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Letting him walk is absolutely the right call.

Throwing +$5M and term at a player like Z is not what smart franchises do. His character will be missed I'm sure, but whichever team signs that contract is going to regret it.

There are hopefully better options out there to round out the back-end.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
while Zadarov is one of the players i would have liked to retain, at this point running back the whole 2023-24 team is wrong headed. It wasn't good enough, it needs to get better.

Reactions: supercanuck

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Holy shit, did you guys see the tweet that Rick posted and then deleted it?

Basically said that the agent said the zadorov situation is not over, I’m paraphrasing because I did not expect him to delete it.

I really wonder if they overplayed their hand, and allvin basically told them to f*** off

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Stephenson is a pretty good target.

Won a cup with Washington as a bot 6 C. Speed, penalty killing.

Then goes to Vegas and turns into a top 6 C, and even put 20 points in 22 playoffs games en route to 2nd cup.

Can fly, and good at carrying puck through neutral zone, soft hands to finish plays near the net and good defensively.

Had a dip offensively this year, but played with worse linemates, and a lot of babysitting injured players like Stone, Hertl and some Mantha.

Both Stephenson/Marchessault were key cogs for the Vegas cup team, both we should consider.

Feb 19, 2018

Basically said that the agent said the zadorov situation is not over, I’m paraphrasing because I did not expect him to delete it.

I really wonder if they overplayed their hand, and allvin basically told them to f*** off
What?

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Probably zadorov is pissed
I wish there was a screenshot because I can’t believe it

If so, Milstein might be blacklisted from Allvin soon lol

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006

Probably zadorov is pissed
lol that would be hilarious

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Going to miss Zadorov's size, toughness, and personality. But, what doesn't get talked about enough is his shot and scoring ability. 20 goals the last 2 seasons and had 4 in the playoffs.

I completely understand walking away as his ask was becoming too high. Just don't sign in Toronto, and if you do sign a giant ass, 7 year contract

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

This is what I bet is happening too, zads is dumb to leave and fit perfectly here.

I really think it's millstein greed holding up a deal and Allvin had enough, he knows what canucks are offering is more than fair and won't budge.

F millstein and Walsh tbh. And dahliwal too actually.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

lol

if true i will bet milstein overplayed his client's hand.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m not gonna talk about it anymore until somebody has a screenshot, I’m gonna ask some of my friends who also have notifications turned on if they have a screenshot.

For now, just move on

Reactions: Baby Pettersson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad