Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Depends how you feel about Marino vs. free agents options like Tanev and Carrier. They will all cost in the $4-4.75M range probably and you won’t move assets for the FAs.

I like Marino as well, but would heavily depend on the deal.
I think some teams are going to blow Tanev out of the water with a big offer. He'd have to take a significant discount for VAN.

I like Carrier too. I would definitely be in on him. He is smaller though, so I just don't think Allvin or Tocchet will have as much interest in him.

Reactions: TruGr1t

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I loved his size, his hitting, his skating, and his shooting. The size especially was such a big complement to Myers/Soucy. We could be so big on the back end

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He had a bad year last season. His 2022-23 season was excellent. If he can return to that form, it would be a huge win for the team that lands him.

There were some rumours he had some kind of recurring injury he played through last season. And the state of the Devils was just more generally in turmoil, which probably affected his play too.

SUPPRESSED ASSET AT A BELOW MARKET PRICE!

He's someone I'd be very interested in on a pairing with someone like Dillon. Adds a bit of puck moving and wouldn't be asked to be the #1 puckmover. Fits with the idea that they will roll with four #4 defenceman. Would then allow them to rest Dillon and Myers while still getting Friedman and Juulsen time.

Reactions: timw33 and bossram

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
My issue with our defense is that if Zadorov is gone and we sign Dillon, we need a strong puck mover not named Hughes/Hronek. Someone with a strong first pass but can also skate.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
We dodged a major bomb by not paying Z 5 mil aav. No matter what the term is, paying someone who is a #4/5 tweener that type of money is what f***s with teams spreadsheets. I'd much, much rather have Tanev at 5.5, or Matt Roy at 6 over Z at that number.

I’d check-in on Roy, but he’s my pick for probably the dumbest UFA contract. If Zadorov is getting north of $5M, I can see Roy getting close to $7M.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
very disappointed that Big Z is leaving. Hopefully we get to find out what the numbers were in the negotiation.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
At forward—it sure sound like Plan A is Guentzel, and Plan B is Stephenson.

I don't dislike Stephenson. I know he had a down year, but so did many on Vegas. He would add face-off prowess and significant penalty kill utility too. But I wouldn't characterize him as the dynamic top-six forward we are hoping for.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Okay, I calmed down a bit.

Here’s my new plan (if jake and reinhart are gone) Dillon, Marino, Trade for Ehlers or Tuch.

If you can’t make the trade, sign Marchessault

I would be satisfied with this

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
If Guentzel wants 8x8, I don't see why we can't just give Carolina a prized 5th round pick so they can pick some small winger with hands from Belarus or whatever.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I suspect we're going to be a bit surprised by his cap hit.

I'm thinking something like 4.75 x 6 or 7. Maybe as high as 5.

My guess is Canucks wanted 4.5 or less.

This is my suspicion. They have him correctly evaluated at a modest raise over his current contract. He's willing to take a hit and go down to 4.75m for the Canucks but they won't budge beyond 4.5m. Probably due to budgetary concerns for the rest of the roster more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad