Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

That seems pretty definitive. Crap.

His one big pay day and quite frankly, the stars aligned for him. Other teams offering $5+ plus an extra year, management held firm on $4.X plus BC taxes, it's likely $10M+ difference in the contract post taxes. The hill was too steep to climb.

Reactions: quat and bh53

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I'll say about Zadorov what I said about Garland yesterday.

The Canucks need to prioritize their cap space for last-minute players. Who do you want on the ice when you are defending a one-goal lead—or—who do you want on the ice when you need the game-tying goal.

Zadorov is neither of those players. The money would be better allocated towards a player like Tanev who would be your number #1 defender in a last-minute defence.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
unless you have a follow up trade, these shifts in draft positions, make no sense to me without seeing what’s happening on the draft board

Yeah I don't quite get it either. Unless they are just not too thrilled with the picks in the second round and beyond for this draft. They still have 11 top 3 picks over the net two years, so maybe they are just thinking of using some of those extra picks to get as high up in the draft as possible. From that standpoint it's something I would likely do as well if you have a bunch of targets falling in that 21 range.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Sign me up for Tanev, Dillon, Marino, Toffoli, and Samsonov (+McGroarty+ehlers).

No issues with any of Allvins contracts, targets or assessments so far.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
See my comments in the Myers signing thread from 2019.

I think the guy is going to get massively overpaid.
Just entering his prime? Durable. 5 mil would not be over paid in 3 years or 6 years. Stated outright he would take a discount to stay here. What does that mean when FA players that want to be here, willing to take a discount are ignored?

How much does the rest of the league value big Z?

Hughes got the Norris but how much did he help in the playoffs?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Guentzel, Reinhart, Tanev, Zadorov gone

The goal is now to secure DeSmith, Stenlund, Motte, Dillon and Stephenson

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Just entering his prime? Durable. 5 mil would not be over paid in 3 years or 6 years. Stated outright he would take a discount to stay here. What does that mean when FA players that want to be here, willing to take a discount are ignored?

How much does the rest of the league value big Z?

Hughes got the Norris but how much did he help in the playoffs?

They already have Hughes-Soucy down the left. They can’t pay a third guy $5M+ AAV without handicapping the rest of the line-up and their chance at a star free agent.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The right decision from Allvin. If the number was ultimately too high, you can't give it to him.

Now if NJ really is just trying to get rid of Marino, I'd be very interested in that.

He had a pretty rough year last year, right? If so, maybe that would suppress his value enough to make him a viable acquisition.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

But as of Friday morning, the Canes were still waiting for an answer from Guentzel’s camp, led by veteran agent Ben Hankinson. So we’ll see where this goes, but I wonder if it might be too alluring for Guentzel to dip his toes into free agency Monday while still leaving the door open on a Hurricanes return, knowing what’s on the table from them.

I’m not sure how this one will end, but it’s in a delicate and fascinating place.

There are whispers that Vancouver might be willing to go seven years and $9 million a season for Guentzel, but that’s unconfirmed at this point. Obviously there would be a long list of suitors for Guentzel regardless if he goes to market.

Reactions: timw33 and pitseleh

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The right decision from Allvin. If the number was ultimately too high, you can't give it to him.

Now if NJ really is just trying to get rid of Marino, I'd be very interested in that.

Depends how you feel about Marino vs. free agents options like Tanev and Carrier. They will all cost in the $4-4.75M range probably and you won’t move assets for the FAs.

I like Marino as well, but would heavily depend on the deal.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He had a pretty rough year last year, right? If so, maybe that would suppress his value enough to make him a viable acquisition.
He had a bad year last season. His 2022-23 season was excellent. If he can return to that form, it would be a huge win for the team that lands him.

There were some rumours he had some kind of recurring injury he played through last season. And the state of the Devils was just more generally in turmoil, which probably affected his play too.

Reactions: Vector

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
We dodged a major bomb by not paying Z 5 mil aav. No matter what the term is, paying someone who is a #4/5 tweener that type of money is what f***s with teams spreadsheets. I'd much, much rather have Tanev at 5.5, or Matt Roy at 6 over Z at that number.

Reactions: Nick Lang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay