Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Because Lindholm had such a terrible regular season, he pretty much has to go explore UFA to maximize what he lost in leverage there huh?
Hard to blame the guy. I think at one time Calgary was offering him over $8M a year? The Canucks are reportedly offering him ~$7M a year.

Reactions: Wisp

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
I’m also surprised they haven’t locked up Silovs yet - those sorts of deals have always been the “tidy business” that Allvin usually gets out of the way fairly quickly. I don’t think it’ll be much longer before something gets done.
Especially if they plan to trade Demko...

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Obvious story, but I just wanted to point out, San Jose is any top candidate for a potential Mikheyev destination if the Canucks can find a taker. They have the cap space and need some veteran players to flesh out their roster.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
It appear contracts are being signed by the amount, biggest salary first.
Now they have 19 mil for Myers, Zadorov, Joshua and Blueger. Those three should not be more than 8.5 mil. leaving 11.5.
That would just about solidify the defence for the next 4+ years.

Can forget signing Guentzel for 7 years. Can't compete with the other 8 teams.
That's okay there are lots of others, don't need a super star to HELP Pettersson.
And then trades and other FA's, Dillion should be less expensive, that would really make this defence a monster to play against.

Allvin stated he wants Hronek to run his own line that would give the team a pretty decent one - two punch. He doesn't want Hronek and Hughes playing together. Tocchet split them up the last quarter of the season and most of the playoffs.

Blueger, Joshua, Garland as a line intact, they were pretty good.

Still once the defence is set, Tocchet wants to keep Zadorov and Myers then trades could happen to get a younger winger for try for a top six role.

Hey lets start some rumours, how about with the Rangers who need to dump future salary;
Boeser for Kreider?
Garland for Kakko
Their bag of pucks for Canuck bag of pucks?
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024

Obvious story, but I just wanted to point out, San Jose is any top candidate for a potential Mikheyev destination if the Canucks can find a taker. They have the cap space and need some veteran players to flesh out their roster.

M-NTC the 12 team list I'd be willing to bet that SJ is on it. If Mikky was in the last year of his contract, I could see a Beauviller type deal for a late round pick. Instead it might have to be like the Jason Dickinson deal where Van has to still take some money back but also give up a higher pick.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

after watching Brown's resurgence apart from the cap hit Mikheyev could do the same.
Utah will need vet help, Columbus maybe a switch for Laine with sweetener and retention.
San Jose does need roster spots filled.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Need an upgrade over Blueger for 3rd line C, someone that’s a tad bigger and better but half the cost of Lindholm. Stephenson? Monahan? Wennberg?

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Need an upgrade over Blueger for 3rd line C, someone that’s a tad bigger and better but half the cost of Lindholm. Stephenson?

I don't think that's the way to go, especially if we want to A) Chase Guentzel or someone like him, or B) Maintain or upgrade our blueline. Stephenson will be more than double the cost of Blueger. Stephenson may be better offensively, but Blueger is cheaper, quicker, and a strong PK worker.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Need an upgrade over Blueger for 3rd line C, someone that’s a tad bigger and better but half the cost of Lindholm. Stephenson?
it's hard to imagine Lindholm getting paid 2x what Stephenson will make. Actually, it's hard to imagine someone paying him more at all. They're the same age, both guys play C, both solid defensively, similar face off % over the last 3 years. basically the same ES production over the last 3 years. Stephenson is the better skater. Why is he getting paid .5?

edit: or maybe my old eyes are are filing me and that's a comma?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiripa20

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Canucks:
-doesn't think Hronek was going to get more than he got
-was as high as the Canucks were willing to go
-a lot of craziness coming out of Vancouver; very curious how it all plays out;
-Rutherford aims high
-wanted to be involved in Guentzel at the deadline
-a lot of conflicting information in what the Canucks are going to do

Hurricanes:
-Jaccob Slavin will have an extension on July 1st
-has heard it will by 8y/6.5m

Patrik Laine:
-a few people have said to him to watch the Kraken
-Francis does not like long contracts
-push within the organization to be more aggressive

Jeff Skinner:
-his buyout has been floating around hockey circles for 3 or 4 days
-Sabres looking for a couple of forwards; edgier depth piece and a top-6 guy

Barclay Goodrow:
-is basically a cap move
-possible he could be buyout
-lot of smoke around the Sharks
-very curious if the Sharks are on his NTC
-is not sure when he had to submit his NTC list; some players had to submit new lists recently and others don't have to submit until July 1st
-Sharks looking for veterans
-reports that Sharks are interested in Cam Atkinson but he's not "crazy about that right now"
-can't block being claimed by the Sharks
-Lighting hoping he will be bought out and they can sign him

Viktor Arvidsson:
-a lot of noise around him
-lots of interest and just a question of where he ends up

Blue Jackets:
-some people were not sympathetic to Vincent being let go
-very difficult to go from Assistant Coach to Head Coach on the same team

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I don't think that's the way to go, especially if we want to A) Chase Guentzel or someone like him, or B) Maintain or upgrade our blueline. Stephenson will be more than double the cost of Blueger. Stephenson may be better offensively, but Blueger is cheaper, quicker, and a strong PK worker.
I like Blueger and would be happy to bring him back, but there is no way he is quicker than Stephenson. Stephenson's burst (both 18-20 and 20-22) was 95th percentile last year (99 in the two previous seasons). His wheels are elite. down year last year could easily have been due to volume of playoff hockey over the last 4 years and a deep cup winning run last year. Blueger is certainly above average, probably around 70-75% if you adjust for GP.

Not suggesting Stephenson is a guy we should be targeting though. Unless they want Pettersson on the wing which would be weird IMO.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

THINGS ARE HAPPENING

Is this how the Devils spend their 10th overall pick? I would hope not.

Would make it three picks in the 1st round for Calgary, 9, 10 and 28th too, which is yucky for us.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Is this how the Devils spend their 10th overall pick? I would hope not.

Would make it three picks in the 1st round for Calgary, 9, 10 and 28th too, which is yucky for us.
Better not be 10th. That's too rich for Marky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad