Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
September bugs me the most. Should be showing up after labor day to get things going in a few weeks but instead we wait while the days get shorter and colder for it to get going and then drag into the long days of June when graduations and outdoor activities are more prevalent with kids out of school.

You would think i would be ok with it by now but it always gets me a little annoyed when watching the Worlds with how cool that tourney is and the availability could be almost 100% with the exception of the finalists

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Following the Benning regime usually felt like

1716781906223.gif

1716781973024.jpeg

1716782034941.gif

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007

I'd 100% inquire, but I think we get outbid by other teams in the process.

The Canucks have the assets to go for 1 big top 6 forward trade this off-season in the mold of Kevin Fiala/Sam Reinhart a few years back, but given Brady's size & physicality he might cost more than those two did.

I was also playing around with the math today, and realized the team is going to have to hit on a Sean Durzi style deal as well this off-season in addition to the top 6 forward move if they're going to make the jump to a contender.

There simply isn't enough cap space to keep important depth pieces around (Zadorov and Joshua are key if they want to maintain physicality), sign a top 6 winger for 5 million plus for Petey, while also acquiring a blueliner who can play in the top 4 that's adept at moving the puck.

A repeat of Kuzmenko two years ago also works, but that kind of situation is extremely, extremely rare.

Reactions: TruKnyte

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
He’s an obvious Cole replacement. I wonder how much is mutual interest vs player interest.

Never watched him play. Seems like a big rear guard like Cole, with better numbers and a little younger.

Think it's wise to sign him for 2 years instead of 1?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
tbh, i think it’s hronek, lek, a pick, and the mik camp dump

Probably a pretty decent offer - but I think other teams can / would beat it.

He’s an obvious Cole replacement. I wonder how much is mutual interest vs player interest.

My thoughts too - do we really want to be paying $3-$4M for guys to patrol our bottom pairing, though? Seems like a bit of a luxury. And I like Dillon (and Cole, for that matter)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Never watched him play. Seems like a big rear guard like Cole, with better numbers and a little younger.

Think it's wise to sign him for 2 years instead of 1?

Probably a pretty decent offer - but I think other teams can / would beat it.

My thoughts too - do we really want to be paying $3-$4M for guys to patrol our bottom pairing, though? Seems like a bit of a luxury. And I like Dillon (and Cole, for that matter)

Dillion is a legit #4 Dman with size. Something like 3x3 I think would get it done.

AFP has him at 2y/2.86m which I would easily do. Cole was the team’s lowest paid regular defenseman and I think Dillon will come under that.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Canucks could get on a Brady trade. Hoglander, Hronek, Lekkerimaki, picks. Obscene but I'd do it.

Reactions: oba

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Brady and Zadorov on the same team would insane. I know he’s older but I wish we could get a guy like Manson on this team just for toughness.

Reactions: Petey O

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That’s actually a really interesting question. Maligned late-20s player signed long term. Miscast as the star. Still pretty productive, though.

Three names jumped out at me: Mark Scheifele, Tomas Hertl, and Johnny Gaudreau. But that all are in their 30s. Don’t fit the profile because of that.

But there’s one player that is perfect. I think fits these exact requirements. Checks all the boxes. Of course I talk about none other than…

Bo Horvat.

Kevin Fiala?​

Reactions: Vector

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
They did end up playing Zadorov a lot with Hughes during the playoffs.
About 30 mins, Hughes played that much with Myers too. But if I can recall a lot of that was when they were down and trying to generate offence. He spent hardly any time on the right side in the regular season too. We know Tocchet prefers playing defence-man on there natural side.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Unless they think Zadorov can play the right side. That probably closes the door on him resigning if Dillon signs because unlike Cole he can’t play both sides.

They did end up playing Zadorov a lot with Hughes during the playoffs.
There's a decent chance that's what Allvin is planning, especially after he mentioned in the end of season press conference that "Hughes and Hronek are capable of having their own separate pairs."

I also doubt they would make a serious offer like what is rumored if they just want to stick him on the 3rd pair again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad