Rumor: Canucks making their final offer on Zadorov this weekend. There are rumblings that some teams are prepared to offer him 6x6 on July 1

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Zadorov is a decent #4-5 who stepped it up for the playoffs. That said, I wouldn't want to go that high and long on him. I could see Utah being a team to pay him $6 million over the 6 years as they'll want to make a splash this offseason.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Zadorov was great in Vancouver. We loved his play, his swagger, his soundbytes, and the presence he brought to the team.

But 6x6 is insane.

Reactions: Canucks LB

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
For who he is as a player, yes he was great in the playoffs with physicality and scoring. But what can he do in the regular season to put the Canucks in a playoff position in a full season? That is the reason I don’t want them over paying this guy because he can disappear.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
He's a middle pairing defenseman of significant size and skating ability. While his brain fails him at times you can count the guys in this league that size with that skating ability on like 2 hands.

He'll get $5+ million without question. GMs can't help themselves. if someone offers him 6x6 so be it. Won't be Vancouver I am thinking

Reactions: Devonator

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
He was easily worth more than 6M in the playoffs this year but that was also probably a top 10% outcome for him and unlikely to be repeated.

6x6 would be Myers 2.0 - but if Myers were stronger, nastier, more physical, and absolutely relished in crushing his enemies and hearing the lamentations of their women. That's worth a few mil above his on ice skills to the right team.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
The reason he plays so much better in the playoffs is the refs put the whistle away. As long as the league is like that Zads will be a top 4D in the POs. And l think those skills will age well.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It's fun watching the same Canucks fans who laughed when I said he's a #4 while discussing his value pre trade now saying they'd pay him like a #3 when they said he was a bottom pairing guy then. Just shows how disingenuous posters here are.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
It's fun watching the same Canucks fans who laughed when I said he's a #4 while discussing his value pre trade now saying they'd pay him like a #3 when they said he was a bottom pairing guy then. Just shows how disingenuous posters here are.
He is a rare breed in todays NHL. With the cap going up. and the Market for Dmen at the moment he could get 6M. He is one of the few Dmen left in the league that can really crush guys. He has size and skates pretty good. But he is older than I'd like and he will be paid in his next contract going into his mid 30's.

He played pretty good for us in Vancouver during his short time here. Scored a few goals. Smoked a few dudes. Didn't make too many mistakes.
As Zadorov is at this moment I'd pay him. But 4-6 years from now. He may fall off a cliff and it may become a bad contract. But 6 M isn't the worst thing. Other teams are paying more for less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad