Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Hawks: We won in Shootout!?!? 3-2 (Kassian, Daniel, Kesler)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I really don't agree. I see him almost always making a good play with the puck and I don't notice him losing puck battles like you say. I really don't.

I thought it was really obvious in the last few minutes and OT. IDK, I want to say I'm mixing some of Weber's moments with Tanev's but Chris is noticeably taller.

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
Loser talk.

On another point, did Henrik really say yesterday that when the Stars went up 3 to 1, the game was over? I mean, they go up 3 to 1 at the end of the second right? How is the game over then? Not a very good comment from the team captain there.

Maybe he was speaking from hindsight? After the canucks pressed and the stars scored to make it 3-1, the Canucks couldn't seem to get back and essentially lost the game; thus, game over?

John Bender*

Maybe he was speaking from hindsight? After the canucks pressed and the stars scored to make it 3-1, the Canucks couldn't seem to get back and essentially lost the game; thus, game over?

Yeah maybe, good point. I sure as hell hope so.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Yeah, I don't get it. WTF is his plan? It's like he skates down the ice hoping the goalie with jump out of the way and when he doesn't Sedin just ends his attempt. It's perplexing.

ya if you're that brutal at deking go in and try taking a the 12" above the ice snap shot blocker side or pick a top corner or hell do the Omark. Do SOMETHING, that was ridiculous. Embarrassing to watch

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

Hamhuis on the PP needs to stop. Takes him forever to make a decision with the puck that's COMPLETELY telegraphed. Love his game at even strength and on the PK. But ugh, him on the PP...

This is a bit frustrating for me as well. I don't think he's great at gaining the zone either. I think Hamhuis would be good for the 2nd unit but I don't think he's fit for the first unit.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
I wouldn't mind seeing Santorelli on the first unit though I'm not sure who would play point. Santo is an absolute puck hound and has decent hands to finish down low which would be an asset.

John Bender*

This is a bit frustrating for me as well. I don't think he's great at gaining the zone either. I think Hamhuis would be good for the 2nd unit but I don't think he's fit for the first unit.

I agree.

The team really lacks a PP QB type. I really don't get why Hamhuis plays before either Garrison or Bieksa though. Even Weber, isn't the PP is talent?

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Also I went back to the thread when Santo was signed and had a good laugh over several responses.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Hey Guys ! in the past 6 days we've beaten Chicago and Boston!! **** YAAA!!

Bassoonatic

Dec 20, 2013
Just came back from the game, first time at the Madhouse. Other than the anthem, and the post goal celebrations, was a pretty lifeless atmosphere. Was glad to see the comeback, our goals you could hear the 20 odd Canuck fans cheer - not sure I've ever felt so vulnerable cheering on the Canucks! Great win, Alberts was horrible. Time for Corrado to get the call!

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
A win on the road against the leagues top team on the 2nd of back to backs and this thread is full of negativity....

Never change HFNuck fans.

:shakehead

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Why don't the Sedins come in with some speed? Or take a shot? Skating the puck into the goalie doesn't seem to be working out too well.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Just came back from the game, first time at the Madhouse. Other than the anthem, and the post goal celebrations, was a pretty lifeless atmosphere. Was glad to see the comeback, our goals you could hear the 20 odd Canuck fans cheer - not sure I've ever felt so vulnerable cheering on the Canucks! Great win, Alberts was horrible. Time for Corrado to get the call!

Yeah I was there too. Really surprised at the atmosphere - felt like a game at Rogers Arena.

Have to say though, we never got hassled by anyone despite the fact we were cheering pretty loudly after Kesler won it.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Quote of the night goes to Blackhawks goaltender Antti Raanta on shootouts: "Sometimes it feels like somebody is flipping the coin to decide who wins."

he's absolutely right. it's also boring reading all these posts obsessing over the skills comp that happens after the game ends in a tie. Torts should just send out whichever 3 forwards had a good game that night. Results are too random to bother practicing it much or worrying over it, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad