GDT: Canucks @ Hawks 10/22/24 7:15 CHSN

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The defensive zone coverage is such dogshit. The D need to have a f***ing man down low. Whatever the f*** they are teaching these D clearly isn't working. Guys just standing around covering nobody.
Hawks are sleeping in their coverage in own zone. WTF..... It ain't over yet but the team needs a good ol talking to between periods.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Bedard needs to stick around in the d zone a bit more. He keeps leaving early and teams go straight up the middle like on the first goal.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
That’s not what happened though. Sherwood knocked the puck out of the zone while straddling the blue line. He then completely entered the zone while the puck completely exited the zone. He then pulled the puck back into the zone without ever tagging up

Foligno knocked it into the zone.

Sherwood touched the puck on the otherside of the blue line when his feet were in the ozone, then he touched the puck in the ozone while one of his skates was on the blue line.

Reactions: d rake

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Foligno knocked it into the zone.

Sherwood touched the puck on the otherside of the blue line when his feet were in the ozone, then he touched the puck in the ozone while one of his skates was on the blue line.
Yeah you’re right. It’s just a weird scenario since Sherwood touching the puck outside the zone with both his feet still in the zone makes it feel like it should be off

Reactions: JaegerDice

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
It would also help if LR played his best players the most... just like every other coach in the NHL does. Instead of playing his AHL caliber pet vets. Guy has been doing this shit for years now, and people still don't realize it?
Yeah it’s one thing for Dickinson and Mikheyev to have high TOI in a period because you’re killing penalties. It’s another thing entirely to have the corpses of Craig Smith and Pat Maroon playing 2 more minutes than Taylor f***ing Hall. It’s inexcusable

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I wouldn't hate it if the Blackhawks on the ice with Bedard maybe considered passing him the puck more rather than putting their own weak-ass shots toward the net...

Hot take but I don’t think I’d trade Vlasic with his contract for Q. Hughes and his.

Yeah, that's pretty hot.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What was that coverage. Three guys go to Sherwood while a Canuck skates right by Murphy to the front of the net all alone? Whatever zone assignments they are coaching on this team are completely broken.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He is a RHD who can kill penalties

That will always have value around league especially if Hawks do same as McCabe trade and retain 50%
I'm pretty sure that Murph has been "on the trading block" for a few years.. It looks like Hawks are stuck with him, though I must say his game lately is better than it was not too long ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad