Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Of course they are

-Captain
-Centre
- 26 yrs old
- 6mil a year this year and next
- One of the top faceoff-man in the NHL over the last couple of years
- Elevates his game in the playoffs
-Consistent 20-25 goals a year

Absolute stud of a player and leader. Continues to elevate his game year after year. Has yet to reach his ceiling.
If Vancouver is going into a full rebuild, they will get a boatload of return for Horvat.

The one big misunderstanding about Horvat is that he is a great 2-way player ala Ryan Oreily. Though he is great at faceoffs and isnt a defensive liability, Horvat is only average/below average defensively. He also doesnt kill penalties unless he is out there for a faceoff.

Which teams would be interested and what would be the return?

I can see teams who just want 2 playoff runs with him also try and trade for him even if they dont necessarily think they can re-sign him long term in 2 years when he is a UFA.

Benning might have been told he isnt allowed to make trades anymore though,

Bo Horvat, shorthanded playoff goal vs Blues

GOTTA SEE IT: Bo Horvat Goes End-To-End, Dangles St. Louis Blues' Defence For Incredible Goal - YouTube

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Hey everybody! If you want to ask Benning for a favor, now's the time! He's doped up, or dying, or something!

2kTvSSwlglmdeqiEAdCgIhkSFPZUxJGeXZEso1ychJE.jpg

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
It's starting to look like there might be friction between Bo and JT Miller. Miller openly questioned the commitment of unnamed players at a press conference yesterday. All dressing rooms are different, but that kind of statement is usually left to be made by the team's captain.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
What would be asking price for Horvat?

Similar type of previous trade ?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fans in Vancouver who are calling for a complete rebuild from the next gm need to also realize that most of the guys whose contracts will expire in the next couple of years won’t re-sign any of their ufa years away if the club rebuilds. Will follow Eichel, Reinhart, Jones etc. out the door.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
As a Canucks fan, I'm pouring the soup down the drain and starting with a new base.

Celery, carrots, onions. Horvat, Demko, Hughes.
(Obviously OEL is here to stay as well.)

That's a perfectly adequate base to (re)build around.
Everybody else should be on the table.

While, I agree that Horvat has not been good enough this year - he was born for the playoffs.
If there's friction between JT and Bo, it's pretty obvious which one would stay and which one would go...

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
Horvat is having an off year. my guess is teams are offering Canucks pennies on the buck for him

Reactions: Conbon

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Fans in Vancouver who are calling for a complete rebuild from the next gm need to also realize that most of the guys whose contracts will expire in the next couple of years won’t re-sign any of their ufa years away if the club rebuilds. Will follow Eichel, Reinhart, Jones etc. out the door.

Exactly. It hurts, but I know if this franchise is going to have a future, they need to get as much value as possible from Miller, Horvat, and Boeser before it's too late.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Horvat, unlike Miller, we would be holding out for prime time, because it would really and truly indicate a proper rebuild.

Basically has to include Newhook
Going to cost Newhook + Barron
With how Newhook has played I think that’s a nonstarter.
He’s playing fantastic, putting points, and he’s on a ELC and is under team control for 5 more years. Makes no sense to swap to a more expensive Horvat who is UFA in 1.5 years.

If you find another team that’ll give you a 20 year old center putting up .7 PPG in the NHL + their top prospect, congrats, but it won’t be from the Avs

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Exactly. It hurts, but I know if this franchise is going to have a future, they need to get as much value as possible from Miller, Horvat, and Boeser before it's too late.
Bo and Miller you can hear the complete frustration in the voices when they talk to the media. Both ufa in 2023. Don’t see either extending this summer. Brock is ufa in 2024, he is better off going to arbitration and going ufa rather than sign a long term deal in this mess.

that is what burning this year and last is going to cost the team.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Bo and Miller you can hear the complete frustration in the voices when they talk to the media. Both ufa in 2023. Don’t see either extending this summer. Brock is ufa in 2024, he is better off going to arbitration and going ufa rather than sign a long term deal in this mess.

that is what burning this year and last is going to cost the team.

Yep. None of them are re-signing. Get a big package back while you can.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad