Rumor: Canucks Exploring Tyler Myers Trade Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Not sure why people aren’t in on the Myers for Severson deal.
Boeser and Myers for Severson and ?? .
Canucks improve at RHD and shed a large chunk of salary. Devils get a young scoring winger and a RHD after Subban leaves and until Luke is ready.
I’m too lazy to look up Myers cap hit vs. Seversons . Myers is 6 ? and I think Severson is 4.5 . Saves 1.5 there and 7.5 for Boeser next year . That’s exactly what Canucks management wants to do , shed salary. Severson is a very good skater as well and that’s another want by the Canucks. Devils look like they are trying to build a massive D core with players like Hamilton Graves Bahl Shakir all over 6’4
To me makes real good sense to at least look at a deal like this?
It all depends on what the adds are on each side to make it work.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Could be a good fit for a rebuilding team that needs a guy to munch minutes and not get completely dominated. The return wouldn’t be great due to his contract, but I’m sure the Canucks would be happy to use the cap space elsewhere

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He's not getting a first :laugh:
Sounds good looks like the Canucks keep him then.
Myers can be moved at anytime during his contract, especially to a contender in his final two years, if the Canucks are retaining, so they should be firm on price because the market has little else to offer anyone.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Sounds good looks like the Canucks keep him then.
Myers can be moved at anytime during his contract, especially to a contender in his final two years, if the Canucks are retaining, so they should be firm on price because the market has little else to offer anyone.

Look at what Schmidt got, Myers isn't getting more. Even retained.

Reactions: Jacob582

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I think the Canucks would retain up to $1.5M to get a deal done... maybe $2M but definitely not $3M.

If Myers at $4.5M can get anything back I'd honestly be happy. Would be nice to free up $4.5M.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Would love to get rid of Myers. Unless he is babysat by a really good dman, he sucks.
He isn't all bad, but he barely contributes anything offensively, and he makes such bad mistakes that result in easy goals against.
Any good he does, is erased by bone headed plays. He is a vastly overpaid, adventure on the back end. Anyone not seeing this, needs to watch the highlights of the recent game vs the kraken: the guy has double digit years in the league, yet has no clue how to defend against a 2 on 1.
If we can get some other Benning-level gm to fall for Myers' size, then we need to jump on that asap.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
i Guess it depends how big a step back the team wants to make as the gap between Hughes to OEL to Myers to the next tier of defenders has been pretty massive. It's 22 minutes a night that has been successful this year that you have to replace unless you go in to rebuild mode.

Unless a top4 comes back in a trade if your just gonna re start an overpayment deal in free agency to Klingberg Ristolainen then maybe better off just standing pat.

Looking at 26 plus aged defenders that do eat that much ice time they are getting paid big time so if your a team with a Devin Toews or Connor Murphy you take that to the bank and be thankful.

For an asset he's certainly available but without a succession in place i wouldn't sweat a bit of a overpayment. Of course if they could secure a young top4 that can eat his ice time it would be smart to get younger and may necessitate a eat salary type scenario or purely a dump like Schmidt for a 3rd.

Never a bad thing to be feeling out the market and with new management in place this is a necessity and should come as little surprise that every decent Canucks players name is being bandies about

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Schmidt didn't a get a 1st either time he was traded within a year, but he would now, care to explain that?

Oh but if we had retained his value jumps form a 3rd to a 1st? Ok then

To be fair, Schmidt likely went for such a low cost because no money came back

I'm skeptical a retained Myers pulls a first as well. Could see a Leddy type return where he pulls a 2nd if you guys take a cap dump back. And honestly that might make more sense than tying up a retention slot anyway

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I think the Canucks would retain up to $1.5M to get a deal done... maybe $2M but definitely not $3M.

If Myers at $4.5M can get anything back I'd honestly be happy. Would be nice to free up $4.5M.

Exactly, this delusion that we can somehow get a 1st rounder for him retained is hilarious.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
To be fair, Schmidt likely went for such a low cost because no money came back

I'm skeptical a retained Myers pulls a first as well. Could see a Leddy type return where he pulls a 2nd if you guys take a cap dump back. And honestly that might make more sense than tying up a retention slot anyway

Oh I totally agree and we don't want money coming back in a Myers deal either, so no way we get a 1st.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think a team that'd be a good fit would be one that'd use him properly. But, Vancouver is likely stuck with him. That, or they trade him to one of the worst teams in the NHL.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
2 seasons left at $6million.

He’s having a career season (Calder season aside).

He’s a legit top 4 d-man this season, and like a lot of other Canucks, appears to only be playing better under Boudreau.

How much do you pay the guy you replace him in the top 4 with? How much term?

Let’s say we get really lucky, and sign a legit top 4 guy for $ 4million, what are the assets we have to give up to acquire him?

…or do we think there are legit top 4 UFA’s to be had this summer, willing to sign below market value, and also not looking for term?

We had to give RHD UFA Tucker Poolman $$$’s and term this last off-season (!!!).

Legit top 4 RHD’s are not easy to come by as UFA’s (at least not in the bargain bin).

If we are in a fact committed to re-toolimg, I’d consider picking up a chunk of his salary for the next 2 seasons for a contenders 1st pick.

But, if that is unrealistic, I’d gamble on paying him for the next 2 seasons, and trade him at the deadline before his contract expires. He will probably have a lot more value to a contender at that point with his contract set to expire, and we didn’t have to eat any salary that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad