Rumor: Canucks Exploring Tyler Myers Trade Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
As a Sabres fan there's a need for RHD I wouldn't mind a return of Myers. Let's say

Buf
Myers
'22 2nd

Van
'22 FLA 1st

upload_2022-2-23_8-31-4.gif

Reactions: Regal

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I don't even really consider Myers' contract to be an anchor with the deals we see top-pairing dmen getting nowadays. Myers is a bit of a unique player.
If you are going to dip into UFA this year, which RD are you going to find equivalent to Myers at $6m?
Would you prefer Klingberg, Ristolainen? Are you going to be able to get them <$6m, and will you have to give them undesirable term?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Wouldn't Myers have negative value? If he was a coming UFA I could see a playoff team adding him (Canuck’s retain) for a pick/prospect, but he’s got term left.
Nope. Not everyone that’s overpaid has negative value, HF has a dumb notion of thinking this way.
He’s a massive mobile RHD

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As a Sabres fan there's a need for RHD I wouldn't mind a return of Myers. Let's say

Buf
Myers
'22 2nd

Van
'22 FLA 1st

Vancouver sent their 2nd this year to Arizona in the OEL deal.

I don't think the Sabres would need to swap 1st for 2nd to land Myers. Assuming they'd take him with no retention, and without sending a contract back the other way.

What would be the counter-proposal?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I haven't been a fan of Myers in his time in Vancouver, makes too many bad plays with the puck. I have to give him credit though, he has been very good this season. with only two years left on his deal, I'm not sure why we would trade him now. I'd be real comfortable saying he is a 4.5-5 milli0on dollar defenseman right now, getting paid 6. Not sure you will get enough value to fill the gap in the lineup moving him would create. Myers shouldn't be looked at as a cap dump with his current play.

I get the need to open up cap, but I'd be looking to move Pearson, Dickinson, Poolman, Hamonic to get that done.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Buf
Myers
'22 2nd

Van
'22 FLA 1st
Where do I sign and what time do I drive Myers to the airport?

In all seriousness, Myers is a tantalizing player. When he realizes he's 6'7 and uses it, he can be unstoppable. It's just that 80% of the time he plays defense like a giraffe that's chaotic.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Vancouver would likely have to take a ~2-3M cap dump back, but ya he should return some value if they do that.

Probably along the lines of a 2nd + C Prospect + Cap dump.
With Vancouver retaining salary/taking a cap dump, you're talking about a massive mobile top-4 d-man, costing $3m, being moved at the deadline for less than a 1st. I don't see it.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
That is so bad....Like really bad. I feel genuinely sorry for Hughes. It's Hughes and a group of d-men that were cast off from other teams.
Strangely enough, Schenn has been great with Hughes - far better than Hamonic has ever been, and probably second to only Tanev when it comes to fit.

He's going to be a guy a lot of contenders ask about this deadline, but honestly I would probably rather keep him for another year.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would imagine with a new president and GM, this would be a standard practice as they near the trade deadline.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Strangely enough, Schenn has been great with Hughes - far better than Hamonic has ever been, and probably second to only Tanev when it comes to fit.

He's going to be a guy a lot of contenders ask about this deadline, but honestly I would probably rather keep him for another year.

Schenn could get moved. He did just win two cups with Tampa. That being said, he's okay as a replacement D-man to slot in for a long playoff drive. I wouldn't want him as a permanent fixture in my top 4 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad