Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Ducks - 8-5 (Kuzmenko x3, Horvat x2, Pettersson, Miller, Joshua)

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
But managing the cap
But the global recession
But our best players haven’t been our best players
Frankie's dad decides to take over running the Canucks:

"Now the JR's got Vito as a partner. Any problems, he goes to Vito. Trouble with the bills? He can go to Vito. Trouble with the Bettman, the rest of the league, he can call Vito. But now the guy's gotta come up with Canuck wins every week, no matter what. Team bad? **** you, pay me. Oh, you had a player demand a trade? **** you, pay me. Multiple players got injuried, huh? **** you, pay me."

Reactions: Harold and mathonwy

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I have a feeling this is going to be the tipping point

Pearson will take a lazy penalty, Duck score on pp…then it all goes downhill

Jerseys on ice

Will changes happen? Nope

We have content sleepy Jim and clueless PA running this crapshow

Cash in Bo, Miller and Brock at the trade deadline

Waive Pearson and Stillman,Joshua

Start the rebuild

Reactions: mathonwy

Takumi3000

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Look at how pathetic the Penguins have been against every team in the last while. Another 6-3 loss tonight. This is the team the Canucks had the best game of their season against. It’s more the fact that the Penguins suck/in a slump rather than the Canucks being any good.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Look at how pathetic the Penguins have been against every team in the last while. Another 6-3 loss tonight. This is the team the Canucks had the best game of their season against. It’s more the fact that the Penguins suck/in a slump rather than the Canucks being any good.
Yes.

Canucks are legit trash.

Not sure what we did to deserve this but here we are.

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
If Aqua dares to show his face tomorrow night, I hope he’s booed right out of that place.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
He's right. It will be dismantled before we reach the midway point of this season.
Nah.

They will keep trying to force playoffs. They likely get within striking distance at the end of the season. And that will do. #FinishedBusiness

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This just makes the situation overall look even worse.
Yes.

To be fair, if OEL-Myers return to last season’s first half form and they can improve the PK (which seems literally impossible) - they’ll probably make that push everyone expects will inevitably happen.

The former of that seems more feasible to me.

The PK is just f***ed. Miller and Bo are not good PKers and OEL shouldn’t be on a first unit PK either. Lazar and EP are unreliable faceoff men. You need a LD capable of PK unless you want Hughes playing 30+ MPG hence why I think Rathbone keeps sitting (this was literally always going to be a limiting factor and it blows my mind that no one saw this coming).

The early returns of Stillman on PK have been good statistically.

Players on our roster who I think should PK: Podkolzin, Mikheyev, Pettersson, Joshua, Aman, Myers, Burroughs, Dermott, Stillman. Haven't seen Aman do it yet but I fail to see why he wouldn't be good to try at it. The obvious problem is that I didn't list a single guy there who can win a faceoff. This situation is so f***ed. Neither Schenn or Myers have great defensive outputs on the PK but you need one of them to do it and I went with Myers.

Really think they should scratch OEL or put him on IR. There is no facet of the game he looks good at right now. Very unfortunate that Dermott sustained the concussion at the time that he did. There's some alternate universe where he's playing 21-22 MPG in OEL's minutes. Maybe he finally thrives and gets his career going in this alternate universe. Probably not, but I cannot imagine he does worse than what OEL has done this year.

I don't think some of the casuals understand how dire of a situation it is when your matchup D, starting goalie who generally carries this team, and your PK are all performing at non-NHL standards... and 1/3 of those seems basically unfixable. You could try and get creative with the PK deployment and systems to start one of Horvat and Miller for faceoffs and play extremely relentless puck pursuit to try and force a quick turnover instead of taking a passive approach where we just get absolutely destroyed because our top pk guys can't pk. I also don't know how much Demko returning to form can paper over historically bad PK and historically bad OEL.

Just have to hope it all miraculously improves. Hope that Dermott quickly gets healthy. Hope that the new cheap bets (Lazar, Joshua, Aman, Dermott, Bear, Stillman, Studnicka) can do more than what they've all shown - and most of those guys have been as advertised or better. Like if Dermott, Bear, and Studnicka hit in the ways they need them to, those are big changes.

Marginal improvements won't get us above 25th in the league this season. Need to see significant change.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yes.

To be fair, if OEL-Myers return to last season’s first half form and they can improve the PK (which seems literally impossible) - they’ll probably make that push everyone expects will inevitably happen.

The former of that seems more feasible to me.

The PK is just f***ed. Miller and Bo are not good PKers and OEL shouldn’t be on a first unit PK either. Lazar and EP are unreliable faceoff men. You need a LD capable of PK unless you want Hughes playing 30+ MPG hence why I think Rathbone keeps sitting (this was literally always going to be a limiting factor and it blows my mind that no one saw this coming).

The early returns of Stillman on PK have been good statistically.

Players on our roster who I think should PK: Podkolzin, Mikheyev, Pettersson, Joshua, Aman, Myers, Burroughs, Dermott, Stillman. Haven't seen Aman do it yet but I fail to see why he wouldn't be good to try at it. The obvious problem is that I didn't list a single guy there who can win a faceoff. This situation is so f***ed. Neither Schenn or Myers have great defensive outputs on the PK but you need one of them to do it and I went with Myers.

Really think they should scratch OEL or put him on IR. There is no facet of the game he looks good at right now. Very unfortunate that Dermott sustained the concussion at the time that he did. There's some alternate universe where he's playing 21-22 MPG in OEL's minutes. Maybe he finally thrives and gets his career going in this alternate universe. Probably not, but I cannot imagine he does worse than what OEL has done this year.

I don't think some of the casuals understand how dire of a situation it is when your matchup D, starting goalie who generally carries this team, and your PK are all performing at non-NHL standards... and 1/3 of those seems basically unfixable. You could try and get creative with the PK deployment and systems to start one of Horvat and Miller for faceoffs and play extremely relentless puck pursuit to try and force a quick turnover instead of taking a passive approach where we just get absolutely destroyed because our top pk guys can't pk. I also don't know how much Demko returning to form can paper over historically bad PK and historically bad OEL.

Just have to hope it all miraculously improves. Hope that Dermott quickly gets healthy. Hope that the new cheap bets (Lazar, Joshua, Aman, Dermott, Bear, Stillman, Studnicka) can do more than what they've all shown - and most of those guys have been as advertised or better. Like if Dermott, Bear, and Studnicka hit in the ways they need them to, those are big changes.

Marginal improvements won't get us above 25th in the league this season. Need to see significant change.
A broken OEL playing big minutes (without Hughes) got us wins against the Kraken and Pens)..I have absolutely no idea how you think Dermott is saving us from anything..?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
A broken OEL playing big minutes (without Hughes) got us wins against the Kraken and Pens)..I have absolutely no idea how you think Dermott is saving us from anything..?

OEL playing big minutes wasn't the reason we won those games. Like you have to just be saying shit for the sake of saying shit there.

I don't think Dermott is saving us from anything. I think he's a run of the mill bottom pair defenseman based on everything we've seen in his career to this point. I don't know if you even read the article you posted - can you explain what point you were trying to get across with posting that article? It basically says that he played ok in a sheltered role last season.

My point is that whatever Dermott showed last year is better than the 10 game performance of OEL this year. And if he was healthy, I would assume he would do better than the trainwreck OEL has been this season. Brisebois looked better than OEL in the games he played this year. That isn't to say that he's a better player or some shit, but I know that Dermott is far better than Brisebois and if you plugged Dermott into OEL's minutes this year, the team probably has a better record.

I am not sure how any of this is even debatable. OEL has been truly awful this season. He was bad to end last year, but not this bad. So I'm going to assume some of this is injury related. But was he injured all of the tail end of last year as well? I don't know.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
OEL playing big minutes wasn't the reason we won those games. Like you have to just be saying shit for the sake of saying shit there.

I don't think Dermott is saving us from anything. I think he's a run of the mill bottom pair defenseman based on everything we've seen in his career to this point. I don't know if you even read the article you posted - can you explain what point you were trying to get across with posting that article? It basically says that he played ok in a sheltered role last season.

My point is that whatever Dermott showed last year is better than the 10 game performance of OEL this year. And if he was healthy, I would assume he would do better than the trainwreck OEL has been this season. Brisebois looked better than OEL in the games he played this year. That isn't to say that he's a better player or some shit, but I know that Dermott is far better than Brisebois and if you plugged Dermott into OEL's minutes this year, the team probably has a better record.

I am not sure how any of this is even debatable. OEL has been truly awful this season. He was bad to end last year, but not this bad. So I'm going to assume some of this is injury related. But was he injured all of the tail end of last year as well? I don't know.
Where did I say anywhere that an injured OEL, playing those minutes, was the reason we won those games..?..Thats a mighty big straw filled comment there..

He's obviously injured, but trying to play through it.

Talk about talking shit....?

Last edited:

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
You know i think this team is dog. Horrible and poorly built, but i do still think they should make the playoffs. I do not think anaheim will at all. Thus i predict a fat W.

Reactions: Nomobo

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I think Alvin has been trying to untie the Gordian Knot but like Alexander the Great decided instead of wasting time he just ended up cutting it apart and Alvin and the Chipmunks need to tear it down.

Not even game management can help the Canucks, 5 PP's 2 PP goals and one shorty against.

Anaheim just won two in a row, that doesn't mean much in light of the Canucks two in a row except they are a very young team that hasn't been in the basement for years so they might just be invigorated.

Canucks will come out fighting, literally, they have to entertain the mob and winning somewhere on the ice is a lift.

Anaheim is fast, kryptonite.

Depends upon the goalie but another loss but they get 6 or 7 PP's

Anaheim by 2 goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad