Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 5-4 (OT) (Garland x3, Miller, Pettersson) - Farewell, Cheech!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
One more win, and the Canucks likely pass the Blues in the standings; and stay in front of Detroit and Washington.

And one more win would give the Canucks the same win total as the Calgary Flame-outs. Makes you wonder where the Canucks would be this season if Demko hadn't gone down with an injury; and if he'd flashed the form all season that he's showed in the last 12 games or so.

We might be having a completely different discussion about this team. But it's hard to say whether the Canucks would have been able to tighten it up defensively under Boudreau like they have under Tocchet.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
One more win, and the Canucks likely pass the Blues in the standings; and stay in front of Detroit and Washington.

And one more win would give the Canucks the same win total as the Calgary Flame-outs. Makes you wonder where the Canucks would be this season if Demko hadn't gone down with an injury; and if he'd flashed the form all season that he's showed in the last 12 games or so.

We might be having a completely different discussion about this team. But it's hard to say whether the Canucks would have been able to tighten it up defensively under Boudreau like they have under Tocchet.
This teams got some good pieces but if the plan is to still rely on Vezina level goaltending for the whole season then this team isnt going very far.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Somewhere around the 60 game point the Canucks, without Hughes on the ice, were as bad defensively as the Anaheim Ducks.

While the goalies obviously contributed tremendously to our lost season, it has been way overplayed by the people who are on board for the retool silliness, to the point of it becoming a meme here.

Reactions: m9 and Lindgren

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
strangerthings1.0.jpg

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
So here it is - the last game of the season. Hope Kuz gets his 40th and Akito his first.

Go out on a high.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Other than the continued evolution of Pettersson and Hughes into superstar status: and Kuzmenko exploding on the scene: this miserable season can't really end fast enough.

Seems appropriate that it ends in Arizona, a franchise in even more turmoil than the Canucks. Looks like their arena deal is in jeopardy with a flurry of lawsuits being launched, and I can't believe Bettmen and the NHL are too thrilled with an NHL playing in a college rink named the 'Mullet Arena".

The offseason starts at midnight, and about all the Canucks have to sell is 'hope' for next season. Hard to say how many of the Canuck faithful will actually be buying it.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Other than the continued evolution of Pettersson and Hughes into superstar status: and Kuzmenko exploding on the scene: this miserable season can't really end fast enough.

Seems appropriate that it ends in Arizona, a franchise in even more turmoil than the Canucks. Looks like their arena deal is in jeopardy with a flurry of lawsuits being launched, and I can't believe Bettmen and the NHL are too thrilled with an NHL playing in a college rink named the 'Mullet Arena".

The offseason starts at midnight, and about all the Canucks have to sell is 'hope' for next season. Hard to say how many of the Canuck faithful will actually be buying it.

I've repeatedly said it. It can be argued Arizona organization has been run like a money laundering entity for the NHL since 2013. Any other market would not tolerate that crap or have the snow birds coming down to support that ****.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
I've repeatedly said it. It can be argued Arizona organization has been run like a money laundering entity for the NHL since 2013. Any other market would not tolerate that crap or have the snow birds coming down to support that ****.
I remember Bettman back in 2011 was pressuring the Oilers to get a new arena or they wouldn't be allowed to play there anymore because of the arena being outdated and he basically did the same to the Flames in 2016, but hey Arizona needs more time so will just take some time to figure it out so they can stay there and instead play in a more garbage arena then the Oilers was, just so they can stay in Arizona. It's an absolute joke how they baby and allow the crap to continue there just so they stay there in Arizona.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
It shows Delia starting on dailyfaceoff but I don't know why they would be giving him any more games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad