Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Blackhawks - 5-2 (Kuzmenko x2, Joshua, Dries, Horvat)

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
No surprises in this game.

Tocchet will run a 1-3-1 forecheck neutral zone trap.

OEL, Hughes and Dermott will be used as "rovers" relying with the weakside falling back to play defence, they will really miss Pearson for this. Those Dmen will be on the offensive constantly. Green did this.

The dzone exit will be a high flip out and chase.

Tampa used the 1 - 3 - 1 way back. It works good if the team has a lead or to keep the game close and rely on the PP more for offence.

Not a good system for players wanting a big bump in salary because it is basically a neutral zone trap game, BORRRRRIIING.

It also relies on the goalie stopping a lot of shots.

Pretty much the same game Green coached when he lost the room.

Chicago may not have too much trouble because that system also promotes hooking and holding so a fair number of penalties.

Chicago has been winning games against some pretty good teams but then they are also getting the back ups to play against.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The best thing to come out of being an embarrassment to the league and chaotic management is how fun and funny this board has become. I enjoy shitposting and shitreading much more than the games itself.

This old Shitfisher took his bagpipes down to the river and he played his pipes in hopes that the shitfish would rise up out of the water. But not one shitfish rose. So he took a shitnet and he threw it in the river and, lo, soon he drew it forth filled with shitfish. Then he took his bagpipes and then he played them again and all the shitfish jumped up in the shitnet.

'Oh, you dance now when
I play,' said the Shitfisher.

And then the little old shitfish spoke up in the end and he said, 'when you're in a man's power, you must do as he bids you.’

Shitnets, and Shitpower.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Wayne Gretzky scored a million points and couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag.
that's different. after he retired gretzky (like jordan) found gambling way more interesting than coaching and just never got enthusiastic about being behind the bench and just dallied with it because people threw opportunities his way. plus grezky had nothing to prove.

tocchet otoh lives and breathes coaching ever since he retired and has never had any interest in gambling. his dogged dedication to learning all there is to know about coaching is obvious from his resume and shows the kind of determination to make his mark as a coach that you look for when hiring a guy to lead you to a cup. you need someone with that fire. the last thing you want as a coach is a former star who is content enough with the reputation he built on the ice and ambivalent about coaching like gretzky.

and don't get me started on adam foote. how we lucked into a guy with a coaching resume like that is beyond me. he is so passionate about coaching in junior he got himself fired when his son was the captain of the team. that is dedication.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
No surprises in this game.

Tocchet will run a 1-3-1 forecheck neutral zone trap.

OEL, Hughes and Dermott will be used as "rovers" relying with the weakside falling back to play defence, they will really miss Pearson for this. Those Dmen will be on the offensive constantly. Green did this.

The dzone exit will be a high flip out and chase.

Tampa used the 1 - 3 - 1 way back. It works good if the team has a lead or to keep the game close and rely on the PP more for offence.

Not a good system for players wanting a big bump in salary because it is basically a neutral zone trap game, BORRRRRIIING.

It also relies on the goalie stopping a lot of shots.

Pretty much the same game Green coached when he lost the room.

Chicago may not have too much trouble because that system also promotes hooking and holding so a fair number of penalties.

Chicago has been winning games against some pretty good teams but then they are also getting the back ups to play against.
Will there be more rope-a-dope and surrendering 3-4 minutes of sustained zone time in our end at a time while everyone collapses to the net to block shots? Green 2.0 sounds amazing...

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
I mean, going past just the simple aspect of every human being different in the way we react and deal with difficult life moments, I think in Bear’s case that indigenous people are very spiritual and see animals in a different/closer way than a lot of us.

The latter being what was suggested to me by a friend.

@Hansen might have a thought on this
Huh

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
No matter what the D pairings are is a tank imo, but I'll check the highlights after, not watching games anymore.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Looks like they are going back to forwards playing there handed sides minus studicka who is just a placeholder for hogs or podz.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
honestly as much as i want the team to succeed, watching back and forths with 5 goals on each side was actually really fun

i can't remember the last time i enjoyed a game more than the 7-6 win over montreal
The 'run and gun' hockey was fun..The Canucks has some good comebacks , although obviously its an unsustainable trait, if you want to be an annual playoff team.

It will be interesting to see if Tochetts coaching style exposes the warts on the team even further..?

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
So a .475 lifetime coaching record gets a 3 year contract Head Coach gig with the Canooks at $2.75 million per year

Good to know

Fun facts - Willie D has a nhl coaching record of .487 and Travis Green is .478

Both with better records than Gambling Rick AFTER their Canucks tenure!!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2