GDT: Canucks @ Canadiens 6/2/14 Thursday 7:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What was the reason Higgins was let go in montreal awhile ago?, He seems to be playing some fantastic hockey this season, and for awhile now.

What was the issue?

He used to be a legit top line material winger with great grit.

Then he got an injury (Ankle or wrist, can't remember) and started sucking bad, missing every shot he took and being snake bit...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What was the reason Higgins was let go in montreal awhile ago?, He seems to be playing some fantastic hockey this season, and for awhile now.

What was the issue?

No issue. We had a great GM who desperately wanted the great Gomez so had to give a few players. Of course, there were those things that Higgins liked the nightlife.....like a whole lot of them playing in Montreal. Never enough for me though. It's on this organization to surround those kids coming in Montreal better. Anyway, not that long before his trade, Higgins was seen as a potential captain candidate.....like.....Komisarek.....That's another story though.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
what would be funny is if Pacioretty gets a third penalty shot tonight and misses again trying to deke.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Gallagher is one of the most selfish player i've ever seen....... PASS THE PUCK!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

What was the issue?

Higgins was seen as an expendable asset, you might remember he was in all the the rumours.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
No issue. We had a great GM who desperately wanted the great Gomez so had to give a few players. Of course, there were those things that Higgins liked the nightlife.....like a whole lot of them playing in Montreal. Never enough for me though. It's on this organization to surround those kids coming in Montreal better. Anyway, not that long before his trade, Higgins was seen as a potential captain candidate.....like.....Komisarek.....That's another story though.

I remember that year Higgins scored 27 goals, and skated like a bat out of hell. Think he said he thought he could score 40.....fantastic PK'er.....miss him.

He was never the same after a high ankle sprain....I think.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Higgins was seen as an expendable asset, you might remember he was in all the the rumours.

Seems like a player who just needed a change of scenery.

Tons of guys like that around the NHL, who benefit from trades

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I remember that year Higgins scored 27 goals, and skated like a bat out of hell. Think he said he thought he could score 40.....fantastic PK'er.....miss him.

He was traded the season after where he only performed at a third line rate.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
what would be funny is if Pacioretty gets a third penalty shot tonight and misses again trying to deke.

If he gets a 3rd penalty shot.....he should do the WJC Finnish strategy and claim he can't shoot because of an injury....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad