Rumor: Canucks And Leafs talking — Canucks Targeting Liljegren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Someone do the handshake meme with "Vancouver Canucks" and "every skilled forward playing against the Maple Leafs" both targeting Timothy Liljegren.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I don’t see any trade at all that would make sense there? Lilly isn’t worth garland IMO. Miller has another year so probably not? Bowser is 2 expensive

Unless the leafs wanted a retained Myers? What could the match be. The idea that the leafs will trade a 22 year old d for a ufa is silly.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Losing Schenn would suck, He has been a huge influence on this team.
But if I had to guess, a combination of Motte and schenn for lil and a dump?

No clue, What’s the value for lil leafs fans?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

For Leafs fans, it's pretty damn high. He's only 22 years old and has looked great on the bottom pairing, and passable in the top 4. If he gets traded, I think most people would want to see it as part of a package for an impact player

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't see any piece on the Canucks that would be moved to Toronto for Liljegren. Motte/Schenn don't make sense for Liljegren. Garland/Miller/Boeser are too expensive for Toronto.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Value is high. Very high. Equal to a 1st round pick at least.

Leafs coaching has always seemed a little low on him though, so I'm curious to see where this goes.

If it's for Motte and or Schenn I'm disappointed. Pissed off.
If it's for Miller obviously we're adding

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Value is high. Very high. Equal to a 1st round pick at least.

Leafs coaching has always seemed a little low on him though, so I'm curious to see where this goes.

If it's for Motte and or Schenn I'm disappointed. Pissed off.
If it's for Miller obviously we're adding

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Maybe around Hoglander? I don't think the coaching staff is happy with his development but he is a good/cost controlled player with upside, and it would not surprise me if he was moved for a young defensemen with upside. I don't want him to be moved, for the record

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I think Lilly has cemented himself in the lineup the past few games. He's not going to be moved.
Well now you jinxed it. He will be a Canuck by weeks end now 😉

As a Canucks fan, I think he is a great target. Motte and Schenn likely doesn't get it done...

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Motte and Halak for Liljegren, 3rd and Mrazek (who gets bought out in the offseason unless Ian Clark works his magic on him). Would mean about $1 million for 22-23 and 23-24 and $1.5 million in 24-25 and 25-26 (but by then maybe the cap goes up)?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
What exactly does a deal around Liljegren look like?

He doesn’t carry enough value to be the centre of a trade for one of Vancouver’s key chips. And he certainly is a better piece than Motte/Schenn

Interesting

I honestly don’t want him moved at all. There’s a lot to like about his current game, and lots of room for improvement. I feel like the Leafs lose on any deal involving him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad