Rumor: Canucks and Devils talking Zacha for Dickinson trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
According Sat Shah of Sportsnet 650 whom I believe has broken some Canuck signings before like Hughes extension etc.

He mentions that he has heard that the Canucks have had deep conversations with the Devils regarding a Dickenson for Zacha trade.

Shah said that the Devils are not interested in giving Zacha a raise or a long term commitment. However, rather than walking away from any RFA salary arbitration in the off-season , the Devils instead have had conversations with the Canucks about Jason Dickenson whom apparently the Devils believe bring alot of the same attributes as Zacha but more importantly is cost controlled for 2 more years at 2.6 mil.

Scouting Report on Dickenson for my NJ family:

-Offensive Blackhole
- Very good defensively especially 5 on 5
- Better winger than Centre imo
- Skates really well with good size at 6'2
- Would succeed as a shutdown checking winger

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
According Sat Shah of Sportsnet 650 whom I believe has broken some Canuck signings before like Hughes extension etc.

He mentions that he has heard that the Canucks have had deep conversations with the Devils regarding a Dickenson for Zacha trade.

Shah said that the Devils are not interested in giving Zacha a raise or a long term commitment. However, rather than walking away from any RFA salary arbitration in the off-season , the Devils instead have had conversations with the Canucks about Jason Dickenson whom apparently the Devils believe bring alot of the same attributes as Zacha but more importantly is cost controlled for 2 more years at 2.6 mil.

Scouting Report on Dickenson for my NJ family:

-Offensive Blackhole
- Very good defensively especially 5 on 5
- Better winger than Centre imo
- Skates really well with good size at 6'2
- Would succeed as a shutdown checking winger
Is that scouting report for Zacha or Dickenson?

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I would expect the Canucks to add. Unlikely a one for one swap. While Dickinson has played well for Dallas, he hasn't been good for the Canucks so his value is depressed

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Yikes. Devils lose that one easily.

Zacha this year already has more points than Dickinson ever has in his career.

If it's one-for-one, Dickenson for Zacha, yes. Dickenson is terrible in the faceoff dot and has done nothing for our horrible PK. Canucks would need to add if this is the outline of the deal. Dickenson is a salary dump but was better in Dallas last year. The only way this makes any sense is if you are convinced this year was an abnormality, see him as a positive asset for some reason and really are worried about losing Zacha for nothing. Right now, he's teetering on a demotion to Abbotsford.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Dickenson is not an offensive player in which Zacha is supposed to be though.

and for an offensive player, Zacha averages 23 pts per season.

I dont think this is a massive win by any means for either team if the deal went through.

Reactions: gianni

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

I dont think this is a massive win by any means for either team if the deal went through.

Agreed.. this isn't a jaw dropping type swap.. Zacha has always left me wanting more and there is potential he will get an annoying contract... I think after this season he will get a new deal and officially be overpaid by a big margain

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

you obviously don’t watch NJ. They need an entire good defensive third line. Zacha can score more but he’s redundant on NJ. The team seems to like Sharangovich more than him and they have Holtz waiting in the wings to be the PP shooter where Zacha has been most effective. There is also the tidbit that Zacha’s new agent has allegedly let it be known that the plan is for Zacha to accept the QO and go to UFA so think of him as a rental.

Reactions: CanuckCity

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

Zacha has 23 points this season already. There hasn't been a single season in which he has averaged 23 pts per season, his career average is close to .5ppg. If we got him for Dickinson 1 for1, that's a massive win. Dickinson has not worked out well here, and is one of the few players on our team who has not seen significant improvement under BB.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad