Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Kings 2 | #RealGood #PlayForSixth

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Granlund is the weakest player I've ever seen. Anytime he got the puck along the boards he was instantly knocked down by a defender with ease.

This is the guy Benning traded saying he didn't believe Shinkaruk had the strength to score in the NHL.

Well good, he's proven he can't score in the NHL and looks weaker than McCann.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
While ads are annoying, they help fund the site. Please refine from posting ways to block them publicly.

We all get that but perhaps the website designer can figure out a way to add them where they don't completely interfere with the functionality of using the site?

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
If you use Firefox, look for the Adblo[ck] Plus, uBlock Origin, Adguard, and Bluhell Firewall add-ons.

If you're a little more tech-savvy, you can add NoScript as well to manually determine which domains are allowed on your browser. At the very least, though, add the four ad-blocking add-ons; go to their settings pages and activate all of the filters; disable the anonymous help options. Make sure to disable the non-intrusive ads too.

You are a great dude. Great! ..Although, you basically told me I should be wearing water-wings and a hockey helmet full time, while I surf the net.. :)

Thanks bud!

Edit: I just got dizzy reading your post again.. haha!

JA

You are a great dude. Great! ..Although, you basically told me I should be wearing water-wings and a hockey helmet full time, while I surf the net.. :)

Thanks bud!
No problem!

Now Bourne has to delete both of these posts. :naughty:

what-s-your-favorite-mission-impossible-movie-so-far-404453.jpg

damon062508.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I know erryone in this province wants to lose for a better chance at a top 3 pick, but for me- beating San Jose/Anaheim/LA 3 in a row like that feels pretty darn good.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
While ads are annoying, they help fund the site. Please refine from posting ways to block them publicly.

Just saw this. Okay..

It would be nice though, if they stopped taking over the whole screen...

Right? When did this happen? ..and when did it become okay?

Anywho...happy for the young guys tonight.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I know erryone in this province wants to lose for a better chance at a top 3 pick, but for me- beating San Jose/Anaheim/LA 3 in a row like that feels pretty darn good.
Based on what? None of those 3 teams are playing for anything and neither were the Canucks. There was no intensity in the games. They were like scrimmages.

This is no different than the oilers winning games when they dont matter every year.

If you think these useless wins are going to be a springboard to bigger better things next season, then I have a bridge to sell you.

JA

wouldn't care to be honest if they simply didn't disable the functionality of the site.
Another problem is that pesky ads can be associated with malware -- not only by clicking on them but also via drive-by downloads.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Based on what? None of those 3 teams are playing for anything and neither were the Canucks. There was no intensity in the games. They were like scrimmages.

This is no different than the oilers winning games when they dont matter every year.

If you think these useless wins are going to be a springboard to bigger better things next season, then I have a bridge to sell you.
A "W" is a "W", especially against divisional rivals from Cali.

I think there is a certain pride to saying we didn't give up late in the season. When I see our last 3 games and the Oilers last 3, I know which franchise has some pride and dignity left.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
More important than the game...

Massive ads.

This site did quite well without massive ads disrupting EVERY refresh page..

..considering, we are the show.. :)

Bueller?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

I think there is a certain pride to saying we didn't give up late in the season. When I see our last 3 games and the Oilers last 3, I know which franchise has some pride and dignity left.
as Nucker said. I"m sure i'll tell my kids about this 3 game win streak shining with Pride.

Especially when we draft another guy who's scraping by and doesn't belong in the NHL but has been forced in to rationalize drafting him so high

Luongos Knob

Daaaaa Nucks
Jan 20, 2009
3 game win streak for the first time in the season... after they are eliminated from playoff contention. im done.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

The team is ****.

I want good players.

Who cares about dignity.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Granlund is the weakest player I've ever seen. Anytime he got the puck along the boards he was instantly knocked down by a defender with ease.

This is the guy Benning traded saying he didn't believe Shinkaruk had the strength to score in the NHL.

Noticed that a lot tonight too. Just killed the cycle, probably worthless to use him with cycling/hitting wingers.

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee

I thought there was tons of intensity in that game. Canucks worked hard.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Another problem is that pesky ads can be associated with malware -- not only by clicking on them but also via drive-by downloads.

Here here.

Disabling shouldn't even be an issue here.

A friendly nudge to OUR higher ups should, hopefully, do it.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
as Nucker said. I"m sure i'll tell my kids about this 3 game win streak shining with Pride.

Especially when we draft another guy who's scraping by and doesn't belong in the NHL but has been forced in to rationalize drafting him so high

Im sure the Oilers players hope by the time they retire and have grandkids they forget the drubbing their coach gave them for another pathetic- no effort streak of games.

As a fan I don't want to see my team ever turn in an effort like the Oilers did Saturday- that was pathetic beyond words. They should be relegated to the AHL.

JA

Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore

This is slated to be the first time in a long time that this team will have no franchise players on its roster.

We won three consecutive games, with each win representing the loss of a chance at one potential franchise star: San Jose was for Matthews; Anaheim was for Laine; Los Angeles was for Puljujärvi.

canucks-kings-last-yer-4_3.jpg

It's all over. Canucks lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Im sure the Oilers players hope by the time they retire and have grandkids they forget the drubbing their coach gave them for another pathetic- no effort streak of games.

As a fan I don't want to see my team ever turn in an effort like the Oilers did Saturday- that was pathetic beyond words. They should be relegated to the AHL.

Can you literally talk about any team that isn't the Oilers? What about the Leafs? Buffalo? Columbus? Calgary? You don't think those guys are in a better position then us going forward?

4thlinegrinders

Apr 16, 2012
Vancouver

half the guys on this team wont even be canucks next season. **** pride and **** the culture. give me a top prospect for once. pride and dignity havent gotten this franchise jack ****

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

I've given up on what exactly Benning is trying to build. He makes so many moves that simply don't make any sense short term or long term.

I have no idea what the plan is for Granlund. 4th line center? well you can find those in free agency for peanuts or just promote Gaunce or Zalewski in that role. If Sedin/Horvat/Sutter get injured promote McCann from Utica. A soft tweener like Granlund does nothing for this team in the short or long term and is yet another puzzling move by this administration.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

The Canucks lost 4-0 to the Bruins on home ice in an embarrassing effort.

And 5-2 to the leafs.

And do the Canucks automatically get worse by losing these games down the stretch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad